Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pages 13 and 14 Note 9. Page 12 doesn't have it cuz it's for heating only thermostat connections.

Every furnace that I saw when I was a tech rep didn't have that jumper installed. It took many training sessions and several job site visits to deliver the message. IMO, Trane does a poor job of communicating that requirement in their manuals.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Note #9 is a bit confusing, it says "Jumper O to Y for proper operation of the dellay profiles and the humidistat" I don't think that I have a humidistat.

I don't think that "For two compressor or speed systems connect Y to O" applies to me because I got XR13 A/C

[Edited by lucky777 on 01-20-2006 at 11:23 PM]

That bit of info is there because the board ignores the BK input unless O is powered. BK is the humidistat input.

You need a Y to O jumper. Quit thinking about it. Call your installer on Monday.

Does it affect heating? Installer told me that he'll come to verify that A/C is fully operational in Spring when temperature will be in 70th. I'll bring that issue to him then again and will show a print out of this thread.

You said:

"That bit of info is there because the board ignores the BK input unless O is powered. BK is the humidistat input."

I don't have a humidistat and BK is not connected to anything.

It only affects cooling.

I forgot that you were waiting until spring to have it wired properly. No worries. He'll fix it then. (Can you handle waiting that long? )

Trust me and jrbenny about the y-o jumper.

If you look at the bk very close you will see a small jumper on it.

You don't need a humidstat for this to work.. Humid stat can be used in a very humid climit like in Fla. it will keep the on 80% speed till it dries out.

Thanks all for replies! I'll ensure that jumper gets installed at A/C service time.

Angry XV80

Originally posted by mayguy
    Note #9 tells about jumping the Y-O..

Wonder how many other furnace they have out there with this not being done?

Well I for one just found out about this jumper setting the other day. I have had my XV80 unit for about three years and had even asked the installer(who is now out of business) if my system was wired correctly after it was installed. I wondered why it would ramp up slowely on AC for the 1 min and then blow like hell at what I beleived was 100%. I happened to ask a installer putting in the same unit at a customers house about it and he told me to check for the jumper. Sure enough...not there. I just added it today and got out the stop watch to see if I would get the 1 min 50% then 7.5 min 80% then 100% and sure enough it did it. Here in Dallas we have hit the century mark already so now Im wondering how much money I have thrown out the window the last few years. I also wonder if I have the correct thermostat(Honeywell chronotherm IV plus) and whether or not my heating is working properly. It doesnt blow as hard in the winter as the AC does. I had a look at the wires on the thermostat and I have a white wire attatched to W1 but nothing to W2. Should there be? Thanks for any info.

Fan is going to blow harder in in cooling vs heating.

As for money savings in cooling if you didn't have the comfort R on, you may not see much changes.. Comfort R is used for quiet ness, and humidity removal.

Also if it's blows really hard, the dip switches may not be set up right for CFM per Ton, and tonnage dipswitch also may not be set up right.

On your heating side, sounds like you just got first stage, not 2nd. From what I have read on here, lot of furnace in the south are oversized due to the blower size to handle the larger A/C system.

Trane can do 2-stage 2 ways, use of two stage t-stat wired to W2, or a timer on the board from W1 to W2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12