Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XV90 install, Comfort-R question

Post Likes
    I've recently had XV90 with XR13 A/C installed in my house and wander if it set up correctly for Comfort-R. Installer set up deep switches on the control board for Comfort-R operation (5,6 - ON) but didn't put any jumpers between Y-0 or Y-R. I got single stage thermostat White-Rodgers 1F90-371, might upgrade to 2 stage stat (still debating). Was installer supposed to set jumpers for my configuration or not? It is a little early in the year to worry about A/C operation by I wanted to know ahead of time. I'll have A/C checked before the cooling season to ensure that it operates properly. Furnace appears to be working OK. It wasn't cold here in Ohio since the install. At 28-30 degrees outside furnace would come on for 10-12 min with 15 min off time. Is it normal?

Post Likes
    5,6 on is correct for comfort-R enhanced operation. You have 2 stage heat but single stage ac so if you are using a single stage stat for heat there should be a jumper between w1 and w2 but no jumper for Y. Definately get a 2 stage stat or you will only get stage 1 for 12 min and then stage 2 until the call is satisfied. Properly set up 2 stage stat will only call for stage 2 if stage 1 can't meet the call and can also drop back to 1st stage when approaching room setpoint.

Post Likes
    They need to put a jumper between Y and O for comfort R to work right. and get a two stage stat on that nice furnace.

Look at the Vision Pro 8320 for best comfro!

I have this and best comfort I ever had with forced air system all my life.

Post Likes
    My techs are setting up the furnaces now, but I don't remember putting a jumper between y and o. What is the O terminal for on a furnace?

Post Likes
    Let's the furnace know there's a call for cooling and allows the blower to follow the comfort-r ramp. No O signal - blower skips the 80% portion of the ramp. Keeps head pressure down on dual fuel applications.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    jrbenny is right. if this is not done, the blower will ramp up to full speed. O is also can be wired in with a humidistat to keep the blower at a slower speed to remove the humidity.

Post Likes
    Does O need to be connected to Y? I read something here about Y to be connected to R instead. What is the difference and which one is correct?

Post Likes
    You need to call the installer. You don't need to connect anything. The installer needs to read the wiring diagram in the service facts.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by lucky777
    Does O need to be connected to Y? I read something here about Y to be connected to R instead. What is the difference and which one is correct?
    Yes, it needs to be if you want the full effect of Comfort-R.

They better not done Y and R,, otherwise, your A/C is running all times. Where did you read that at?

Post Likes
    I'm not going to connect anything by myself and want installer to do the work. I specifically asked him about jumpering Y to O and he didn't think that it was required. I wanted to clarify that before his next visit in Spring for A/C final check. I have XV90 installation guide and couldn't find anything about jumpering Y to O. If you have guide handy can you point me to the correct page in there so I can show that to installer?

Post Likes
    Wiring diagram notes. Last note on each diagram. And thanks for not working on this yourself. My post seems a bit harsh after I read it again.

Post Likes
    I must have different guide version. Last note doesn't say anything about jumpers. I found this guide http://www.aireng.com/clientuploads/...urnace/tuy.pdf

It is different then mine but also doesn't clearly state need to jumper O to Y.

Post Likes
    Note #9 tells about jumping the Y-O..

Wonder how many other furnace they have out there with this not being done?

Post Likes
    Pages 13 and 14 Note 9. Page 12 doesn't have it cuz it's for heating only thermostat connections.

Every furnace that I saw when I was a tech rep didn't have that jumper installed. It took many training sessions and several job site visits to deliver the message. IMO, Trane does a poor job of communicating that requirement in their manuals.

Post Likes
    Note #9 is a bit confusing, it says "Jumper O to Y for proper operation of the dellay profiles and the humidistat" I don't think that I have a humidistat.

I don't think that "For two compressor or speed systems connect Y to O" applies to me because I got XR13 A/C

[Edited by lucky777 on 01-20-2006 at 11:23 PM]

Post Likes
    That bit of info is there because the board ignores the BK input unless O is powered. BK is the humidistat input.

You need a Y to O jumper. Quit thinking about it. Call your installer on Monday.

Post Likes
    Does it affect heating? Installer told me that he'll come to verify that A/C is fully operational in Spring when temperature will be in 70th. I'll bring that issue to him then again and will show a print out of this thread.

You said:

"That bit of info is there because the board ignores the BK input unless O is powered. BK is the humidistat input."

I don't have a humidistat and BK is not connected to anything.

Post Likes
    It only affects cooling.

I forgot that you were waiting until spring to have it wired properly. No worries. He'll fix it then. (Can you handle waiting that long? )

Post Likes
    Trust me and jrbenny about the y-o jumper.

If you look at the bk very close you will see a small jumper on it.

You don't need a humidstat for this to work.. Humid stat can be used in a very humid climit like in Fla. it will keep the on 80% speed till it dries out.

Post Likes
    Thanks all for replies! I'll ensure that jumper gets installed at A/C service time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in