Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL news about the convention.

Post Likes
    The convention dates are SEPTEMBER 22-23-24, 2006

This years convention will be in the historic New England town of Bennington VT. http://www.bennington.com
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    The first convention in Pittsburgh was a wonderful surprise hit. The spouses of the forum members had more fun then the forum members did. It was just amazing how well so many different types of people just melded and became friends.

In 2005 we went a little expensive with the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Even with the difference in venue, the flavor of the second convention stayed the same as the first. With even more forum members, there was even more diversity in conversation and free time grouping.

We have a common ground; HVAC. Other then that, it is our differences that has made the first two conventions such successful events. If you are thinking a convention of a bunch of keyboard jockeys would not be your thing...you are wrong! Every one of us so far has walked away from these conventions feeling they were far better then we imagined.

As the second convention was larger then the first, this year we should be able to double the population of Bennington Vermont (not that I have a clue as to the population )
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

HVAC-TALK Convention Details

Are there any details for the convention? i.e. seminars, speakers, new products, biofuel, etc?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"--Wayne Gretzky

Post Likes

Re: HVAC-TALK Convention Details

Originally posted by hockey
    Are there any details for the convention? i.e. seminars, speakers, new products, biofuel, etc?
    There will be a clam bake, a night of bar hopping, The speakers will turn to yellers the more they drink. We have always planned a 30 second talk on superheat, but I've seemed to miss the 1st 2. The convention is a get together. It's for fun and comradery. Its a vacation with your wife that you leave the kids home. Theres plenty of free time to hang out with some new friends or just explore a new city and leave the worries of work at home. Don't bring a notepad. Bring beer and a sence of humor.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Reimbusement

That description sounds great, but it will probably ruin my chances for a company reimbursement as a business expense!
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"--Wayne Gretzky

Post Likes

Re: Reimbusement

That description sounds great, but it will probably ruin my chances for a company reimbursement as a business expense!
    Didnt you read the part about the TXV training discussion

Post Likes
    When will the convention get to where some of us southern people can attend, would like to meet yall but c'mon cut us some slack 2004 convention Northeast, 2005 convention NE, 2006 convention NE.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    The conventions are sponsored by a few of the forum members getting together to help one or two who do all of the leg work to set it up in their home area.

Dice took the initiative to get the first one going when people like myself got frustrated with so many disputes over when, where and what to do.

At that convention I sorta got shanghaid into commiting to the 2005 convention and while all efforts to be out of the country at the time of the convention failed, I was mercilessly forced to get the 2005 convention together. Fortunately reefer picked up the slack I was creating and took off with a lot of the planning when I moved away from Baltimore.

Then Jerry took the reins at last years convention and was elected/self appointed to host this one. This is a very informal convention that we hope to get moving all over the country from year to year. Anyone who attends can certainly make the motion to have the next one at their place.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Can you guys go to a tanning bed or get some sun before I decide to go or not? Or should I bring the Ray Bans?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by joey791
    When will the convention get to where some of us southern people can attend, would like to meet yall but c'mon cut us some slack 2004 convention Northeast, 2005 convention NE, 2006 convention NE.
    Guys from the south were complaining that we had it too early for the last 2 years. This time we moved it from Aug. to Sept. partly so that you Southerns would be over the summer busy season.

But like Robo said all we need is a volunteer to head up a year and we all go where ever he or she lives.

I'm personally hoping somebody from Seattle WA volunteers one year. I ain't never been in the NW.

Post Likes
    That is the problem. You moved it too "partly" Not too much difference between the two. September can be a steamer.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    That is the problem. You moved it too "partly" Not too much difference between the two. September can be a steamer.
    Yeah but by September ya'll have them AC units all pm-ed and humming like a bird. So they won't be break-downs. All new equipment is sold out and ya'll be waiting for back orders.

RE: tanning. We all have brown ski mask we can wear.

[Edited by benncool on 01-20-2006 at 03:32 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Give it a rest Alice, we all got things to do, it's on a freaking weekend, you are drunk during all of them anyway.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Re: HVAC-TALK Convention Details

????HUH?????
    Who said anything about stupid stuff like that?

Post Likes

It will be in the south unless something changes . 2008 I believe it will be out west.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    Will the party be in muskies room again @ 8:00AM Count me in !!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by refrtech
    Will the party be in muskies room again @ 8:00AM Count me in !!
    Hey, I came down there about 9 to see who wanted to go to breakfast and you guys were already wasted...wat up wit dat??
    Pretty funny.
    Muskie did take a nap that day and drank soda at the crab fest, which is actually a good thing.

Post Likes

Post Likes

Re: 2007

Originally posted by selfemployed
    It will be in the south unless something changes . 2008 I believe it will be out west.
    2008 I vote for Las Vegas

Post Likes

Not quite that far west. Spotts will be hosting that year.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in