Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In what order would you connect blower to your system:
    Blower speed options are LOW, MED LOW, MED HIGH, HIGH

Eqipment options are 2 stage heatpump/AC with gas AUX

what the equipment manufacture recremends for proper air flow for each stage and setting

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    With a two stage heat pump,I'd go with a variable speed indoor fan ,that will ensure the corect cfm,within the limits of the duct system.

To answer when using a multispeed motor,we would need the details of the duct system,model numbers,etc. ,etc.,.

Is this already installed,are you having a specific problem??

variable speed is not an option furnace is already inplace
    I'm talking about comparing one to another, on the same furnace with the same ductwork depending on the stage what is the order?
    For example: AUX heat is LOW , Stage 1 MED HIGH then Stage 2 HIGH .

It depends on the ESP(External Static Pressure) of the duct system and all components(coil,media filter,etc) outside of the furnace.

This needs to taken and compared to the fan data chart ,of the furnace to see If the proper air flow can be delivered,or at least choose the best speeds,to protect the equipment.

Posting the model numbers would allow some speculation of the proper fan speeds,but it really needs to be tested in the field.

I think you guys misunderstood me; it is more of a general question blower speed relatively to the staging. In other words should 1stage be slower then 2nd stage and what about 3rd stage relatively to the 1st slower or faster?

I think there is some confusion. Yes, in the field you could "guesstimate" the blower speeds for staging and come within a reasonable "rule of thumb". BUT, what everybody has said so far is knowing the ESP would give you a more scientific approach and that can keep the liability insurance down and customers calling back. Did I clear that up?

No not really, you are saying that depending on ESP sometimes 1st stage is faster then 2nd and sometimes is slower?

1st stage compressor is less cfms than 2nd stage.Gas heat ,depends on the btus of the furnace .

you set the heating speed so you have a midpoint temperature rise, you set the cooling speed by actually checking it and getting to within 10% of nominal for the size unit you are installing. It's all dependant on the ducts.

Whats the brand and model number of your furnace.

Without knowing that, know one can begin to guess how much air the furnace can move at those settings, and then as others said, the duct sizes and lengths need to be known.

Also post the model number of the outdoor unit, so we know if its a 4 or 5 ton unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Trane XE80tud100c960j1
    Hp YORK ets030

In your other post you said youo have a 4 1/5 or 5 ton HP.

Those numbers are for a 2 1/2 ton HP.

I have to check the books at the shop for your furnace, but I don't think your furnace blower slows enough for the heat pumps first stage in heat or cool mode.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast