Thread: how bout it

When clinton was in office al queda bombed the us embassy in kenya and tanzania. After much thought he authorized an air strike. The u.s bombed a pharmacutical plant in sudan full of civilians, oops. Then there was kobar towers and the uss cole. We had more than one opportunity to capture bin laden under his administration but opted not to because we didn't want to ruin relations with the prince of united arab emirites. When petro 76 wanted to build a gas pipeline through taliban occupied afganistan we vouched for them saying they were good people so we could benifit from the profit, also under the clinton administration. How come not many people are aware of this? Well it could be that good ol bill was to busy getting oral sex in the oval office and the public was obsessed with this.. What sounds better to the american public, a president that is guilty of adultary or a president that won't protect the u.s and it's allies.
    coincedence?
    I am just curios on you thoughts.

The president that was in office at a particular time is not really the only factor of any of these issues. A president is only as good as the advice he is given by the people that in place at the time.

While I was embarrassed by President Clinton's social faux pas, what was done under his administration was what we as the United States felt were the proper things to do at the time. I must concede support to President Clinton's decisions at the time he made them just as I concede to President Bush's decisions today.

In hindsight we can say that had we reacted stronger to situations that occured when Clinton was in office, maybe we would not have had the issues that have occured that have led to our being where we are now. Then again...that maybe might also have altered our relations with other Middle Eastern countries that may have turned out even worse then what we currently face. Hindsight may be 20/20 but we must go into situations without the aide of hindsight and that vision can often be quite obscured.

I must believe that President Clinton did what he felt was the best for the country at the time based on his knowledge of all of the aspects of the situation. These are things that we, the general population, just are not privy to. As has been so often quoted; "We could not handle the truth". We must allow those that we put in the position to lead us to make the right decisions based on the information available to them at the time.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Excellent post, Robo. Had Clinton dove into an all-out war at the time of his Presidency, it would have raised my eyebrows but I would probably have agreed, after all, he would have been proper in his actions. I was initially against going into the 1st Gulf War but later changed my mind. Making executive decisions of that magnitude is never easy and seldom keeps friends for the decision maker. History has still not proven Billy was wrong for his inaction but I am convinced that, in time, it will. Just as time will prove W is among the 5 or 6 greatest Presidents for his actions in the Middle East.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club