Need to get my ClimateMaster Tranquility replaced

Pro's:

How do I go about getting either the manufacturer, distributor, or installer replace my ClimateMaster Tranquility 27 unit?

I had installed new with well and replacement duct work for $. I expect it run for that price.

In less that four years; I've had the aux heater control board burn up in the summer while not in use, the compressor controller relay failed, a solder joint inside the unit failed, the TXV valve failed, and the evaporator has a leak.

I mean unless Carrier / ClimateMaster's has just made a really poor product; I think that my unit was just a lemon. How do I persuade them to remove this defective unit and replace it with a new one?

Many thanks for the advice.
    Tony
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-21-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: price

call the installing company, if to no avail, call the manufacturer. If they've been warranting the equipment per your agreement, they have no obligation to do so if not specified in writing... however the squeaky wheel does get the grease..

As per Gross, we assume the warranty has covered repairs so far, but have the installer to give you Carrier/Climatemaster's phone number for their customer relations department, or look for it on the web. Make sure you have dates and problems from past repairs along with the installation date, model and serial numbers. Good luck!

It sounds like most of the problems are due to equipment, not the installation so don't take it out on the installing contractor. He is probably un-happy about these problems also!

Tony,

I wish you luck getting your unit replaced. ClimateMaster has very poor customer service. I have had nothing but problems with my unit since it was installed. ClimateMaster has never offered any assistance what so ever. Even after many many calls in to there service department. The installing company has been out at least a dozen times. I finally had to get another service company out to troubleshoot. They found yet another issue that is going to cost me at least $$$. I would not recommend climatemaster to anybody. They are horrible. They won't stand behind their products at all. Absolutely junk in my opinion. If I could afford to do so, I would rip this POS out of place and install some other brand!
    Last edited by Stamas; 10-25-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Removed pricing

Quote Originally Posted by popfizz7 View Post
    Tony,

I wish you luck getting your unit replaced. ClimateMaster has very poor customer service. I have had nothing but problems with my unit since it was installed. ClimateMaster has never offered any assistance what so ever. Even after many many calls in to there service department. The installing company has been out at least a dozen times. I finally had to get another service company out to troubleshoot. They found yet another issue that is going to cost me at least $$$. I would not recommend climatemaster to anybody. They are horrible. They won't stand behind their products at all. Absolutely junk in my opinion. If I could afford to do so, I would rip this POS out of place and install some other brand!
    Was your problem an installation issue or a manufacturer defect?
    Last edited by Stamas; 10-25-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Same. be better not to quote posts with pricing, please.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

All but one time has been a manufacturer issue. This last time they found a bad TXV. However I am convinced that this TXV valve has been bad since it was installed. It took a different company to come out and find that it was bad. Im also pretty sure I have another refrigerant leak. So I'm gonna have it tested at the same time the TXV is being replaced.

Climatemaster doesn't make their own TXVs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Making progress

Happy to report that communication lines between the manufacturer, distributor, installer and myself have opened up. Late Friday, the manufacturer agreed to fully cover the costs of the most recent repair needed or provide a new replacement unit. This was impressive. ClimateMaster agreed to the repair or replacement unit within 5 days after being provided the history on the system. Thank you ClimateMaster and Virginia Air.

I opted for the new unit. I have contacted the local dealer that installed the unit to see what can be done, cost wise, on installing a replacement unit. They will research the situation and get back to me.

In full disclosure......while speaking with ClimateMaker regarding installing the replacement unit, they did remind me that my comments here did not include the facts that since the unit was installed a house addition was done. The Tranquility unit was sized for the addition and capacity has never been an issue. However, the GC doing the addition did not use ClimateMaker to do the HAVC work on the addition. As a result, the third zone had some air flow problems that had to be corrected by ClimateMakers after the fact. I did not include this in my description of my problems with the unit. While, I stand by my position that air flow / zone issues did not cause the multiple sealed system leaks and TXV valve failure; I can agree with the installer that an air flow issue did not help the unit. Sorry for the omission.

VBTony

Way to hang in there! Re-post and let us know how things eventually turn out!

Way to go Climatemaster.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?