Thread: Fla. HVAC work

I would like to move back to Fla. I know there is a lot of new construction. What can I expect as far as the pay range and jobs that are available. Any info woulf be appreciated.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    1.For what type of work ,install ,service??

2.Where in Florida?

I would like to do service. And to change things up occasionally do some installing. I am looking at the Sarasota, Venice, North port area. What is the pay ranges for service and installation?

jobs

I work in the Sarasota Venice and North Port area the majority of the companies would be in Sarasota and would pay between 16 and 25 on average, It really depends on your expierance and which company you work for. Theere is alot of construction going on but it has started to slow down a little bit there is still plenty of work.

Thanks for the info cpowers. Too cold up here for me. We lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 19 years before moving north. Can't wait to get back. Thanks again.

Im with you buddy. i will be in southwest fl. very soon. im also im tierd of the cold wheather. Dont get me wrong i love nyc, but hate the cold..

Talking

I hate the cold too but I hate the hurricans even more???
    i CAN spell i just cant type

huricanes not so bad,went through 4 so far,house still standing,just proud owner of generator

Im with a company in Sarasota, and we can't get enough people, techs or installers, we just put out an ad for 29.95 an hour for change out people!! Still lookin!!

how about low temp opportunities? I like refr work, although I do handle a/c work also.

Service.

Thanks

29.95???

Originally posted by fuzzy113
    Im with a company in Sarasota, and we can't get enough people, techs or installers, we just put out an ad for 29.95 an hour for change out people!! Still lookin!!
    You usually use the .95 trick to get people to think of the lower price dont you?
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

What is the cost of living in that area? My mom retired to Venice a year and a half ago. When we came for a visit the housing prices were out-of sight! Even small homes, 3 bedrooms and one bath were about $150K. Do you need to commute from inland Florida to get to work in Venice, Sarasota, etc?
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....