I am moving to Austin in a few weeks, and I'm kindda hoping the pay scale is better then Florida!!! Any one know theaverage pay?? Im 27 and have been a residential installer for about four years. I can run a job from start to finish, any input on Austin at all would be greatley appreciated!

Cool Welcome to Austin!

Ain't that somthin--I too moved (back) to Austin from Fl (Pens.) about 4 yrs ago-I know how bad the wage rate is there!
    I am a MechE from Texas A+M- but I haven't worked in the field since Ive been back - saturated market - but as your good luck would have it... I have accepted a position with a TAB and install shop here in town and will be meeting with the Pres. in the morning to negotiate my own stipend. Part of this meeting is for me to interview some crew- so I'll prob have a good answer for you in the A.M.
    I'll post it directly.

Chad

Re: Welcome to Austin!

I would apreciate any info you could give me. Also if you are putting together a crew, I will be in Austin and able to start work May 1st. I also put my resume in my profile so if if your intrested pleases let me know.