Thread: New Member - Sporlan Engineer

Post Likes

Smile New Member - Sporlan Engineer

Greetings folks. I'm an R&D engineer at Sporlan in Washington, mo. Right now I'm basically the R&D engineer at Sporlan, but hopefully that will be changing in the near future.

I'm new to the HVAC industry, but I have a MS in thermo fluids and experience in advanced design at Boeing. I have a lot to learn about HVAC and hopefully I can learn a few things here and offer some knowledge at the same time.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Post Likes
    Welcome!
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes
    Welcome.

I love reading posts by engineers.

Well, until the words get all swimmy and start to walk around on the screen all by themselves.

Then, I blink a couple times, read it again and I can usually tell what language it is written in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugacity View Post
    Greetings folks. I'm an R&D engineer at Sporlan in Washington, mo. Right now I'm basically the R&D engineer at Sporlan, but hopefully that will be changing in the near future.

I'm new to the HVAC industry, but I have a MS in thermo fluids and experience in advanced design at Boeing. I have a lot to learn about HVAC and hopefully I can learn a few things here and offer some knowledge at the same time.
    Well howdy, what kind of CFD software do you design with? I'm sure we can learn a lot from you.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Welcome.

I love reading posts by engineers.

Well, until the words get all swimmy and start to walk around on the screen all by themselves.

Then, I blink a couple times, read it again and I can usually tell what language it is written in.

Yea, I know what you mean. You ever hear an EE explain Power Factor?

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    Well howdy, what kind of CFD software do you design with? I'm sure we can learn a lot from you.
    I'm in the middle of learning CFDesign, which is now called Autodesk Simulation CFD or something. I dabbled in Pro/Mechanica several years ago, but I haven't committed a lot of time to CFD since then.

And I have a hard time listening to electrical engineers explain anything!! I keep tellin them that i/j is not a number, but they don't believe me.

Post Likes
    Enquiring minds want to know if Fugacity thinks calculating "fugacity" of refrigerant gases will help with valve design...
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    Enquiring minds want to know if Fugacity thinks calculating "fugacity" of refrigerant gases will help with valve design...
    Uh Oh! ....it's getting "swimmy" in here....................

Post Likes
    thermodynamics Also called: escaping tendency, fa property of a gas, related to its partial pressure, that expresses its tendency to escape or expand, given by d(logef) = dμ/RT, where μ is the chemical potential, R the gas constant, and T the thermodynamic temperature
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    welcome , have fun, learn lots... and teach more.

welcome bud,

J.Hall
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in