Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

latent load of pizza oven

i got a restaurant im putting a ductless split system into and the owner has a show piece clay pizza oven. it is in the conditioned space and i need to give it a latent value to ensure my load calculation is acccurate. the oven is 450f

Saw your other post.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Breeze View Post
    i got a restaurant im putting a ductless split system into and the owner has a show piece clay pizza oven. it is in the conditioned space and i need to give it a latent value to ensure my load calculation is acccurate. the oven is 450f
    I was wondering about the latent load of a 1100f match flame? I also own a zippo lighter that burns around 3000f would like to know the latent value for that one too.

Maybe clock the gas meter with just the oven on. Do the math. Boom.

If you just go with the input btus it will be too much. An oven under a hood only puts a small percentage of the energy input into the room. See my response under the snesible heat thread.

sorry, sensible pizza oven

thanks for the help gents

not just the heat gain

what about the radiant effect? also the pizza ovens that are gas fired don't have a B vent but a capture hood. How about all the water that is the product of combustion?

I'll would like to know how to really evaluate a pizza oven
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

A actual pizza oven would not generate any btus that are of significant to the a/c load. However the makeup air and the exhaust required to operate the oven would need to be considered. Combustion air , primary, secondary and dilution air is where the btus from the restaurant space will be lost. Most pizza ovens are exhausted by a direct exhaust system which is part of the oven or by a captive hood. Consult a mechanical engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by genduct View Post
    what about the radiant effect? also the pizza ovens that are gas fired don't have a B vent but a capture hood. How about all the water that is the product of combustion?

I'll would like to know how to really evaluate a pizza oven
    thats a very good point!! how bout all the water in the cheese, dough, tomato sauce and the latent loads of peperoni, Italian sausages, calzones and mozzarella sticks? dry spices vs fresh spices, one is wetter than the other for sure, what if instead of pizza they make pretzels? would like to know the real deal too.

make up air and exhaust air are in the kitchen, the oven is in the dining area as a show piece. I think it is power vented, i will find out this week. still quoting. oven not installed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Breeze View Post
    make up air and exhaust air are in the kitchen, the oven is in the dining area as a show piece. I think it is power vented, i will find out this week. still quoting. oven not installed yet.
    Even though the makeup is in the kitchen additional makeup air must be added to compensate for combustion air and exhaust from the pizza oven.This can be accomplished by design of total restaurant mechanical system or a DOAS serving the dining room . A DOAS will eliminate the a/c units from having to do excessive latent cooling and will improve their capabilities of sensible cooling.

doas? sorry that is a term i an not familiar with. is the an hrv? heat recovery ventillator

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Maybe clock the gas meter with just the oven on. Do the math. Boom.
    except the bt`s out the chimney if there is one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast