Thread: Daikin VRV III

Confused Daikin VRV III

U0 error in condensing unit. How can I check the thermistors to see if they are faulty?

disconnect them one at a time and ohm them out. check the IOM for a temperature/resistance chart and compare the meter reading verses the chart resistance for the current temperature at the sensor location. also check dc volts at the sensor connection to the processor. There should be (usually 5vdc to ground at one of the two connections) some dc voltage at the sensor input. If there is no voltage, the processor may be defective.
    It might get loud!

Quote Originally Posted by rookietech311 View Post
    U0 error in condensing unit. How can I check the thermistors to see if they are faulty?
    If you don't have the Service Manual which will give you the Thermistor Resistances for that unit, go to this site, and download the manual.

http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/d...c=docs&page=39
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Thanks, I picked up the service manual this morning. Heading out there now. I was getting strange voltage readings on f1 and f2 also. The voltage was jumping all over from 1 to 16VDC, It did this with the wire connected and disconnected. I'm pretty sure all the thermistors are the same