Unhappy

im in a pickle guys, i have 2 months of installation as a helper, and got discharged because i took to long on my duties as a helper... i was doing better but FOUR SEASONS in chicago didnt think so... well its been 3 months and no luck, everyone wants at least 5yrs...i want to do install work again but i cant wait that much,reason being im going to be having a baby so i need to work...so i have no clue of what to do...i dont want to give up but i have to take care of my baby and girlfriend..... any advice from veterans?

Dont give up!As a partner in a company i feel that any guy deserves a chance. That said, you should evaluate the time spent. Apply for another job ! With a small company. My right hand man isn't the fastest but he gets the job done the way I like it.

Keep applying,open the phone book and start calling around.
    and most important dont get discouraged or frustrated think positive.

im lookin, where are you located?

i am located in chicago,il...southwest at 38th & kedzie..
    distance is not a problem

i recently just graduated and found a JOB EASILY, UNLIKE MY CLASSMATES which are still looking, the most important thing is to constantly call different companies and just ask if they are hiring, fax out your resume to all the companies you can find w/ a fax number. Most important is to present yourself well when on an interview, go well dressed bring resume and cover letter, sound intelligent and dont be nervous, if they are professional they will see that you will be a good asset no matter your experience, and also do a little research on the company before you go