I bought a used Hobart FFW and I am working on getting it running. So far I have hooked up my 220, hot water and drain. It runs wash cycles and drain cycle. I have a few issues though.
1. The unit had 3 light gauge wires running through a conduit out the back. They trace to the valve by the booster tank right behind the gauges. Where are these supposed to go? I hooked a 110 plug up and plugged it in thinking it was some sort of rigged fix and it opens that valve pouring water into the wash area? It seems to cycle properly with our without this plugged in.
2. The valve described above never closes fully even after a wash cycle, it dribbles out at a decent rate if not plugged in and pours out if the extra wires are plugged in.
3. The primer for the detergent. I flip the switch and nothing happens does it need to be in a particular mode to work?
4. There are two plastic tubes, one that comes from the detergent pump for detergent. Another goes under the wash basin and comes out the back with a threaded end. It dribbles rinse water during some of the wash cycle, what is this for?
5. Finally after I get it all working my goal is to add a switch to the heat booster to be able to turn it off and on. (This is for residential use and often we will only need domestic hot water temp) My first thought is to interrupt the heating element with a heavy duty switch, perhaps off of a welder. Any thoughts here? Does this unit have any sensors that won't allow it to wash if my water isn't hot enough.
Thanks for any suggestions!