+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's your opinion on the economy out there?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by coolwhip
    Lots of folks here in Michigan(blue state) without a job. Hardest state hit in the nation thanks to outsourcing. Your state could be next.
    It's really gonna suck even more if they close the Wixom Ford Plant.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tim fox
    BECAUSE THEY DIDNT APPLY THEMSELVES END OF STORY

................................................A guy working three jobs isn't applying himself? Should he get 4, then would he not be considered lazy?
    he was lazy when it mattered in school didnt apply himself and now that will haunt him for the rest of his life
    and quit doing the easy Wallymart work or homeydepot type jobs go into construction there will a 33% drop in the work force in the HVAC Field in the next five years

Sorry but most guys are stating off in the 10-15 dollar hr range and if the wife is working she should be makeing at least that much and if they both have to work more then that to F ing bad for them they must be wasting there money on something also quite haveing 10 kids also dont have kids unless you can afford them its kind alike a new car or some thing else you want dont be getting things you cant afford end of story

Sorry but I am sick of people complaining about the minumim wage not being high enough or Wallymart destroy the world or all the way over paying manufacturing jobs or going over seas.

How much manufacurting are they doing in Canada or Europe or other of the main countries in the World

China has the money of a first world coutry but is still third world through most of it dont you think if they quit selling to the USA or anyone else they economy would colapse also along with most of the rest of the world or if they did stop makeing and selling to the US some one else would just pick up the slack

But hey that is just my 2cents but its hard not to sterotype certain people when its usally the same ones that are in the same situation

White Trash and inner city getto crap remove them and most of the complaining will be gone

Post Likes
    I think it should stay out there

Post Likes
    I agree with a lot of what you say outside rep, but it sounds like a fairly simplistic argument.
    There has to be good rewards for educating oneself.
    There also has to be good rewards for working any job unless you want the riff raff breaking down your door.
    If you don't respect the people who work those ****ty jobs then it says something about you lifes experiences.
    The alternatives to working at walmart is, stealing from you, selling crack, wellfare, living off mom and dad....ect...for that 50 year old creep that does not have a valued skill/knowledge.
    You got to respect a guy who puts in hours at min wage instead of calling any efforts towards honest work stupid.

Post Likes
    Todays booming and promissing career could very easily become tomarrows min. wage job. I'm not complaining for myself, I'll do fine. However I have friends who are aircraft mechs. [at one time a career with promisses of worker shortages] then comes outsourcing to
    loosely FAA regulated companies in the third world. These guys did the right things[ they thought at the time ]. Hell, to some it was a second career after the first one turned to **** on them. The tech schools that they went to are expensive,but they thought they were training for a skill that would take them someplace. Have some compassion for your fellow man and don't be so smug , it's a long fall off that pedestal.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

Post Likes
    You got to respect a guy who puts in hours at min wage instead of calling any efforts towards honest work stupid.

yes very true but why should that same type of guy get paid 20-30 hr for standing around in a factory

I am very annoyed when it comes to factory works makning any more then minuim wage because of the last six factory tours I have been on

McQuay
    AO Smith
    Trane
    Pool Pak
    York
    Harley Davidson

Majority of the guys are standing around staring at the equipment doing all the work

Went on one of those tours today there was a guy fliping the edge of the boxes over thats it and some of the people on this board think that this numb skull think should make $20hr with full benifits because of some dumb reason that I will never understand

Post Likes
    Have some compassion for your fellow man and don't be so smug , it's a long fall off that pedestal.

Yes I should I agree 100% but it gets harder and harder the more people complain about it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in