Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I recently posted a few questions about the economy in New York. Sounds pretty bad up there. What I'd like to know is. How's everyone else doin'? I mean, in DFW I just got let go (AGAIN!!!) during the slow season. Of course the company I was workin' for was not really doin' things very well... I just finished training as a service tech, and I was doin' things I was NEVER trained for, just a small example. Runnin' around in the van with VERY little training at first. Nobody would even explain the billing thing with the service agreements.. had to wait 'til the ladies in the office chewed me to figure that out... stuff like that. Whew!! glad to be gone... anyway. I just wanted to know about the economy elsewhere.

I dunno, everytime I get in my truck and drive down to the city it's nothin but gridlock, and this goes on for hours, so I have to ask myself "where the hell are all these people goin"? I'm guessing WORK so the economy must be doing pretty well here in Chicago!

I dunno, everytime I get in my truck and drive down to the city it's nothin but gridlock, and this goes on for hours, so I have to ask myself "where the hell are all these people goin"? I'm guessing WORK so the economy must be doing pretty well here in Chicago!
    Everybody must have a job because the Tribune and Daily Herald Job sections are real light lately. LOL
    Stuart
    Lack of airflow destroys compressors.

Things are booming in Atlanta.I think most blue staters would like to blame Bush for a non existant bad economy so it's no surprise that NYers have a gloomy outlook.
    Luke 6:31

Originally posted by renaisanse man
    Things are booming in Atlanta.I think most blue staters would like to blame Bush for a non existant bad economy so it's no surprise that NYers have a gloomy outlook.
    Non-existant bad economy huh? It will hit you there eventually. Couple more years.

Like we need the economy to complain about Bush.

[Edited by miami mike on 01-17-2006 at 11:24 PM]
    It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

Originally posted by oilman
    Non-existant bad economy huh? It will hit you there eventually. Couple more years.
    IM holding my breath.Dow over 11,000.Unemplyment @ 5%.Looks pretty good from here.

Originally posted by miami mike
    Like we need the economy to complain about Bush.----------
    You're just mad 'cause the braves are better than the yankees at 40% of the salary.

[Edited by miami mike on 01-17-2006 at 11:24 PM]

Lots of folks here in Michigan(blue state) without a job. Hardest state hit in the nation thanks to outsourcing. Your state could be next.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

New houses flying up, new cars goin down the road sucking up $2.40/gallon gas, can't keep Plasma TVs on the shelves, "POOR" people with iPods and cell phones stuck to their ears...THE ECONOMY SUCKS AND IT'S ALL BUSH's FAULT.
    The posts and comments made by me are in no way affiliated with any company or organization. They are simply my personal opinions.

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Lots of folks here in Michigan(blue state) without a job. Hardest state hit in the nation thanks to outsourcing. Your state could be next.
    I'm no global economist,so take the following with that in mind.I've heard the term "outsourcing" used as though GWB is personaly firing people at companies here in the U.S.,and hiring people overseas.I think what may be happening is that Bush's policies lift tax penalties from companies that were previously penalized for outsourcing jobs.This allows american companies to compete globally that would otherwise go out of business without a break due to the dirt cheap labor that their competition pays out.I'm no fascist,but I'm also no communist and I think that america is in the midst of a transition.If we are going to be successful at making things and marketing them to the inescapable global economy,we need to focus on technology.There are over a billion chinamen who will work for nothing to compete with.This is what american companies are up against.WE need to offer goods and services that no one else can.Manufacturing jobs in the U.S. have to be on the cutting edge to compete.

As long as wall street demands instant and unrealistic gains, we will never be able to compete with the likes of china. And as for the guy who uses the poor people with Ipods as a bench mark for this country's success. They are just too dumb to know they are poor and bought it on credit. The national savings rate is at an all time low and too many poor people and mid. class people think they are Donald Trump. It will catch up. As for me, I make a habit of living well below my income level and bank the rest for the rainy days ahead. And if they never come, I still have the savings. Just my humble opinion.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

The poor people ipods analogy misses the point entirely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast