Hugh Thompson was buried today. Thompson was the warrant officer who put his own life in danger, and basically lost his career, to not only blow the My Lai coverup but - here's a thought - actually step up on that day and STOP the killing. He put himself and his helicopter between the out of control GI's and the villagers. He stopped the atrocity-in-progress, he blew the whistle, testified at Calley's court-martial, and after twenty years of being ostracized by the military he was retired as a First Lieutenant. An O-2? Really? This is a freaking disgrace.

If there's any justice in this world, and I'm not kidding myself that there is, Congress should take action, and the president should endorse and sign, legislation to posthumously retire Thompson as at least a Field Grade officer. Lieutenant Colonel sounds pretty good to me.

Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

I agree

Let him be an example to weenies like Sen. Kerry.
    If you're gonna talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk.

It takes a lot of courage to stand against unlawful orders.

No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Re: I agree

Originally posted by skrewt

At least you agree....It's a start. Your conclusions are juvinile about Kerry, but it's expected considering the disjointed logic you present on this forum in threads and responses....But please continue...You may be voted "forum prom queen". Goodluck..AF
    Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

Ummm...warrant officer retired as O-2...he got a promotion. I've never known a warrant to get that high. LDO...sure...warrant...no. Maybe the other branches do things different than the Navy.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Originally posted by addfreon

If there's any justice in this world, and I'm not kidding myself that there is, Congress should take action, and the president should endorse and sign, legislation to posthumously retire Thompson as at least a Field Grade officer. Lieutenant Colonel sounds pretty good to me.

Well, AF, after thinking on this, I have decided you are cheating Thompson. Retiring as an 0-2 after starting out as a WO is like starting out as a commissioned officer and retiring as a BG. Ranking goes from WO1 thru CWO5, then 01 thru 0-6, then general officer. You do the math.

Once again, you know not from whence you speak. Maybe you shouldn't.

BTW, Calley was guilty as hell. So were those who followed his orders as were those who gave those orders to Calley.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Re: Re: I agree

Originally posted by addfreon
    Originally posted by skrewt

At least you agree....It's a start. Your conclusions are juvinile about Kerry, but it's expected considering the disjointed logic you present on this forum in threads and responses....But please continue...You may be voted "forum prom queen". Goodluck..AF
    Kerry pretended to be brave, then came home and lied about having witnessed atrocities, even stating he had participated in them. The guy was only in country 4 months. He's a weenie and will remain a weenie.
    I'm sorry your guy is a weenie, but the fact remains he is a weenie. Thompson was a God compared to how much a weenie Kerry is. Did I mention that Kerry is a Weenie?

Besides, Kerry is a weenie.

Proud member of KA Club

Too bad Calley wasn't around to stop Kerry from inflicting all his atrocities on innocent Americans!
    WHY?