furnace blower question

furnace blower question

Hi,

I have a Carrier Performance 96 (2 stage, variable speed blower) which I have set for the fan to run continuously. I notice that every time the furnace starts up, the blower will stop completely for approx 20-30 seconds during the furnace's startup routine, and then come back on at the appropriate speed for whichever stage it started in..

Is this normal? If so, any ideas as to why does it does this? The fan has no problem increasing or decreasing speed at any other time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imbored66 View Post
    Hi,

I have a Carrier Performance 96 (2 stage, variable speed blower) which I have set for the fan to run continuously. I notice that every time the furnace starts up, the blower will stop completely for approx 20-30 seconds during the furnace's startup routine, and then come back on at the appropriate speed for whichever stage it started in..

Is this normal? If so, any ideas as to why does it does this? The fan has no problem increasing or decreasing speed at any other time.

Thanks
    Mine does that too, and it's a York TM8V. This must have something to do with the start-up cycle of a furnace in general. Maybe an expert can explain why.
    Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

That is a normal thing in the YORK units. It does this because the blower speed for the "fan on" and the blower speed for "stage 1" are different. The board needs to reset the blower for the heating/cooling operation.