Under duress of a failing 25 yo heater we are replacing our whole system. The proposal is to use:
* One 59MN7A080-14 Carrier Infinity Modulating 4---Way Multipoise Condensing Gas Furnace Series 100
* One 25HNB636A003 Carrier Infinity 3 Ton Heat Pump 16 Series (2-stage)
* One CNPVP3717ATA CARRIER, PAINTED CASED UPFLOW/ DOWNFLOW, "N" SUPER COIL
* One SYSTXCCUID01-V CARRIER, INFINITY THERMOSTAT CONTROLLER WITH GREENSPEED CAPABILITY
* One 16 x 25 x 4 Aprilaire Filter Media
* One M1-TW50S6FBN Bradford White 50 gallon Residential Power Vent Water Heater .63 EFF
* One VCMA15ULS LITTLE GIANT CONDENSATE PUMP W/ EMERGENCY SHUT OFF SWITCH AND 3/8" CLEAR
* One TUV-APCO-S-I-P-2 APCO UV AIR PURIFIER, 2 YEARS LAMP AND LIFETIME ON PARTS
We live in NJ in a 2 story house built in 1963 and have occasional water in the basement and some mold growth to which I am allergic. We know that we need to deal with the basic issue of water in the basement by installing drainage outside, but I am underemployed (does anyone need a Coach to help with ADHD issues? -just kidding! ) so money is short and it is not top priority now.
**I am wondering if the combo of the 4" Aprilaire media filter and APCO UV air purifier is the way to go or not. I want to compare it to installing the Infinity Air Purifier instead, but don't see a way to do that comparison. Does the UV light alter or remove the mold enough that it will not recirculate and bother me even if it is dead?
From what our guy said, the maintenance cost is about equal. With mold and dust allergies, and animal dander to boot, which way would you go, or do you have another option that you feel would be superior?
Thanks for the help!