Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by billva
    you made a good choice.

if it's necessary to sell your kids, you may want to consider a new system.

well, maybe.

Nah, just sell the kid that causes the most trouble. LOL!

It's a moot point, but with regard to the ozone depletion potential of CFC's, there is no mechanism in a laboratory that proves that ozone is depleted by CFC's.

R-22 is still relatively inexpensive when compared with the high priced 410-A.
    R-22 systems will still be able to utilize drop-in replacements if the systems are still operational when R-22 gets scarce.

I have installed many 410-A systems and you had better believe that my systems will not leak, especially knowing the price of the refrigerant and associated call back!

Other than taking extra care with the refrigerant circuit and knowing the different technical charachteristics of system operation, it's really no big deal replacing and installing 410-A systems.

To date,R-22 systems are still a wise choice IMO.

Red face

Where have you been the last 5 or 10 years?

With the current rate of warming, 1.5'F in 100 years,
    crops will "fail" in another 100 years.

http://www.climatehotmap.org/namerica.html

http://www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org/

[Edited by dan sw fl on 01-13-2006 at 02:44 AM]

Well, in 100 years all these morons who believe this will be dead, so there can be no "I told you so". Global warming is created by the SUN you idiots! Frigging algoredotcom.
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

Re: Think Again

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dan sw fl
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by ken curran
    [B]
    Originally posted by danj
    As for the Global Warming, I just think that it is a business and plain BS. Scientific data does not support it. This was pointed out in Micheal Crichtons book, "State of Fear".
    Snipping some true.

This is Turtle.

Let me put this one on you. I was reading some report from people discussing the report from Nasa on this global warming thing and they stated that every space shuttle fire through the O-zone level burned up more O3 that all the freon ever releasted in the history of the world.

Now I do know Nasa did put out a list of items that would cause the O-zone to break down and the top 10 was listed. The ones with XXXXXX in it I forgot what they were.

#1 was the Space shuttle.

#2 Volcanoies - Gases released under the sea in live volcanoies.

#3 burning the Rain Forest.

#4 Auto & Industry Emissions

#5 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#6 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#8 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#9 Animal & Termite farts

#10 Freon & 1% of the problem.

Animal & Termite farts are more dangerious than freon being released into the air to go to the o-zone level.

The last i heard the Nasa Report was pulled from the public for to stop trouble with the EPA of doing their job.

TURTLE

Global warming? Yes; a natural phenomenum that has occured many times in the history of the earth. There is no concrete evidence that we arrogant and eqotistical mere humans have any affect on it happening.

One volcano belch does more to the atmosphere then 100 years of the worst industrialization of mankind. We are pissants compared to nature when it comes to affecting the earth.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Try this one:

DuPonts patent on r22 has expired, so they labled it a "Bad Gas", invented 410a and the morons in the EPA did the rest!

Talking

We are pissants compared to nature when it comes to affecting the earth. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, no Robo....that's PISS ANTS

The whole concept of global warming has set off far too many ideas of how, why and when. The fact that refrigerants must be recovered and not released into the air makes the use of R-22 a moot point. The gases in R-410a, I'm sure will be found to cause other problems sooner or later and it too will be under attack. How many countries do release refrigerants into the atomosphere right now? I'm all for common sense in recovering, reclaiming and recycling what we have now and using good installation and maintanence techniques to prevent accidental disharge. All I have seen so far is more excuses for control over the industry based upon theories and not facts. History has shown us that cooling and warming of this planet occurs without mans intervention, but upon natural physics and laws of nature. History also shows us that we panic and make hastey decisions, ruining lives, only to find out- guess what, we were wrong! I'm all for cleaner better air and not releasing refrigerants is good for everyone, so lets do that on a world scale.
    I find it interesting that the government who finds it so important, on an emergency scale to save the planet from a sure doom, holds itself "exempt" from cfc release and provides our atomosphere with tons of it without regard. One lift off of the space shuttle can release more cfc's than one could imagine and R-11 and I believe R-12 is used to store many weapons and care is not given to prevent it's release into OUR air.
    We are regulating ourselves to death out of panic. We are in a time that needs common sense and a well thought out approach to uncertain problems , none of which I have seen to this date.
    Progress is not always a good thing because we must find a way to counteract it. To take, we must give and a lot of us are not willing to do so.
    I remember in 1984 when I worked for a company in a large city and the worries of refrigerants destroying the ozone layer were young. I was removing the freon from a customers A/C into the air in order to make repairs and recovering was just getting to be an idea. The customer came out and was very angry that I was not trying to save the atomosphere and that that was the highest important issue to her. I told her that I would stop, go to the office and see if they would invest in a recovery unit and that it may take a few days. I quess that "importance" was not that big of a deal, as she was not going to do without A/C for that long and to go ahead and fix it. Very interesting!?
    Whatever refrigerant you go with will be around for a time and I see even R-410a being replaced in the years to come, so for the next 10 years, I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally posted by ken curran
    Try this one:

DuPonts patent on r22 has expired, so they labled it a "Bad Gas", invented 410a and the morons in the EPA did the rest!
    Sounds like a plan to me Ken!!!

Thorton

get out of the stone age people, hell no 22 isnt better, we have been installing 410a for a year now,the performance is awesome. 22 is old news i feel sorry for those that are misled

Originally posted by captainrat
    get out of the stone age people, hell no 22 isnt better, we have been installing 410a for a year now,the performance is awesome. 22 is old news i feel sorry for those that are misled
    That's nice that you feel sorry for the rest of us. Now; you want to support your beliefs with data?

For those of us who lost our beloved R12 for 134a which never did replace it R22 was used for med temp coolers.And the loss of r502 to 404a which is so much fun to find the leak on.The weak link with all these refrigerants is the oil.Equiment with minerial oils lasts longer other oils are more apt to break down.410 will start to show its issuses as did 134a and 404a.
    An apprentice is half a journeyman ,two apprentices is a call back.

Then we all have more job security.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast