Dozens Reported Killed in Hajj Stampede

MECCA, Saudi Arabia - Muslim pilgrims rushing to complete a symbolic stoning ritual on the last day of the hajj tripped over luggage Thursday, and an unknown number of people were killed in the ensuing stampede, the Interior Ministry said. State-run television said dozens died or were injured. The stampede occurred as tens of thousands of pilgrims headed toward al-Jamarat, a series of three pillars representing the devil that the faithful pelt with stones to purge themselves of sin.

another example of religion gone mad. Muslims are to make the pilgrimage only if they can afford it and the average price is 3000.00. It has turned into a circus with people selling their wares on the street to pay their way.

Thier fundementalist wacko muslim morons are as stupid as our fundementalist wacko christian morons.

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 01-12-2006 at 08:42 PM]

When I talk to God ,He either tells me to fish in a different place or drink another beer so I can understand Him better.

Prior to my studying the Qu'ran, I figured it was pretty much a Muslim version of how Judeo-Christian theology is purported. Now however, I more and more believe that it was not God (Allah) telling Muhammed to say all the things that are in the Qu'ran. It seems much more like the deceitful work of Satan.

Likewise; it seems this ritual was designed to be a sacrificial pagan rite in the guise of fighting Satan. Clever fellow, that Satan.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV