Trane A/H m#tam7aoc36h31saa help

Hey guys,

I'm not a Trane dealer and can't find lick about this air handler on there site. Anyone help? Is this just a standard air handler? Anything communicating on this? Sub contactor of mine was told auxiliary heat cut out and heat pump cut out was internally set on the air handler, and system has a 5000 stat with in it, and not a 8000 or IAQ. I'm not a Trane dealer and don't know this model. I'm under the assumption my sub is being lied too

Moved to AOP residential forum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

It is

NOT communicating. But there sre differences between this and a "standard" air handler.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +2

these are named HYPERION air handlers the tam8 is the communicating model, the tam7 is the variable speed blower non communicating model and the tam4 would be your standard model. yes they do have a lot of specific features and yes there are some bugs they are working out but over all i like the concept. you should really study installation instructions closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmarshall View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm not a Trane dealer and can't find lick about this air handler on there site. Anyone help? Is this just a standard air handler? Anything communicating on this? Sub contactor of mine was told auxiliary heat cut out and heat pump cut out was internally set on the air handler, and system has a 5000 stat with in it, and not a 8000 or IAQ. I'm not a Trane dealer and don't know this model. I'm under the assumption my sub is being lied too
    Where are you in Oregon, we install quiet a few of the TAM7 air handlers with heat pump systems and always use a TCONT802/Vision Pro 8000 thermostat for them with an outdoor temperature sensor. If you are in Portland and doing a job with a PGE certified contractor(which we are) an outdoor temperature sensor is required for rebates.

If you have any questions my number is on my website which is www. my username .com I am a Trane Dealer here in Portland OR
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!