+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane unit size

Post Likes

Trane unit size

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 24 year old Trane roof top that I can not find any info as to the size. Building owner wants a quote for repair and replacement of the unit. Plate is long gone, only numbers could get was from the compressor. Called Trane and asked a few other old timers and no luck so far. Compressor model # is 21CT72HN3A. Serial B0353239. I believe it is a 7.5 ton, but not sure. Any help would be great!

Post Likes
    If you could post a picture of it maybe someone might recognize it and go from there. If your going to replace it doesn't matter what it is. Also a newer unit is probably going to be a lot more efficient then the old one due to advances made in technology.

Post Likes
    No picture, sorry. I was just wnating the tonnage of the existing unit so I could work up a replacement quote for the compressor. The building owner has to have both options (repair/replace) as part of the sale of the building so the new owner and him can work out what they are going to do. 24 year old rust bucket rooftop is a no brainer, but have to fulfill the request.

Post Likes
    are you sure that's the correct serial #?
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    are you sure that's the correct serial #?
    Yes, it is an old Weathertron unit. Serial # is off the compressor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in