Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cooler Corn

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    When I was in grade school, long ago and far away, we didn't have kids running around and going nuts in class. Very few over weight kids and none excessive. We lived on peanut butter and I never heard of peanut allergy. I never knew of any kid on control drugs.

Something is different I believe
    I think somehow we are poisoning ourselves and don't know what's doing it.
    If I hadn't lived through a different time I wouldn't know that there is something wrong.
    My wife is an anti-flouride activist. She and her group has successfully block the town from adding flouride to our muncipal water system.

The activist believe that if flouride prevents tooth decay then let your dentist apply it to your teeth don't medicate us through our drinking water.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    My wife is an anti-flouride activist. She and her group has successfully block the town from adding flouride to our muncipal water system.

The activist believe that if flouride prevents tooth decay then let your dentist apply it to your teeth don't medicate us through our drinking water.
    I didn't know anti-fluoride was still active. I remember hearing about the movement in the 50's. The John Birch Society was active in it then.
    I have a well and you made me realize I probably don't get any fluoride unless it's in my well water or toothpaste. Fluoride occurs naturally in some water sources. One place in I think Texas, has so much peoples teeth turn brown.
    Do you remember any peanut problems when you were a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Cool!

I wonder if it will work as well if the corn is not shucked. I prefer corn to cook in it's own wrapping. It's also easier to remove the husk after the corn is cooked.
    I agree, but I usually soak corn for 1hr and then onto the bbq!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain View Post
    One more way. Submerge the ears in cold water for about 5-10 mins. Pull back the leaves and pull all of the silk out. Put the leaves back in place and wrap the ears individually in aluminum foil. Pop them on the grille for 20 mins or so.
    this is exactly how i do it
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

For whatever this is worth. Before I got into the hvac field 12 years ago or so. I worked in injection molding. One place I worked at made the inner liners for coolers, the melting point of the plastic is approximately 400 +/- a few degrees, depending on what you want to do with it. We also made those plastic coffee cups that you get at wherever you want. Which you put hot coffee in. Same plastic. I don't die from hot coffee, so probably safe.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123