Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooler Corn

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    Snopes is not a good source for technical advice. If you look at the way Snopes words most of their answers, there is a lot of vague wording. That's because Snopes doesn't really bother to investigate issues beyond being true, false or accurate. In true liberal fashion, Snopes does like to sound more authoritive then it is. In this case, the only thing that is truly accurate from the Snopes article on this is that it is "true".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

this is food where cooking not some tech advice JMO...just saying be careful how you cook stuff.... personally I like my corn grilled . First I shuck them then soak the ears in hot salty water for an hour & no more than that. Then grill ...next year I'll be growing about an acre of sweet corn ..can not wait !
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

this is food where cooking not some tech advice JMO...just saying be careful how you cook stuff.... personally I like my corn grilled . First I shuck them then soak the ears in hot salty water for an hour & no more than that. Then grill ...next year I'll be growing about an acre of sweet corn ..can not wait !
    I agree that we should always be careful when it comes to food. That is why I went to more technically oriented sources for safety factors of cooking in plastic.

I like my corn cooked in the husk on either an open fire or if I have to, in the microwave. Actually, we haven't had a microwave for over a year, since we bought the new house.

Smile

Thank You AC guy's Chick. I would have tried this. It makes sense though not to.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky59 View Post
    Thank You AC guy's Chick. I would have tried this. It makes sense though not to.
    Ahhhh, come on now! Bucky up and be a man! We try just about anything that didn't kill the last person that tried it

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Ahhhh, come on now! Bucky up and be a man! We try just about anything that didn't kill the last person that tried it
    You 1st Robin
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

You 1st Robin
    I am somewhat a fatalist, so my trying something like that is absolutely no problem. Then again, after doing research on it, I don't even think there is a remote chance that it can be harmful.

You want to be concerned about harmful? Start looking at what all of the processed soy in foods today can do to you.

I really do not eat soy but if it's in a food additive I've already eaten it...lol....just saying all this plastic stuff we have now we sell to over seas contractors and it comes back to us in another form of bottle or container is your call weather to use it or not...I just try to buy things in glass if I can but I'm a country girl and I make allot of our food...canning veggies to meat and condiments too. If I had my way I would never leave the farm, but I have to see the DR. every 6 months and in this day and age it is impossible to not go to town ..I will look up the soy thingy , Thanks
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

well looked up soy ROBO and the process is just who is doing it. We have grown soybeans before and I loved the raw green kind in the field & I roasted a few dry ones , very good by the way but I'm really a meat &(garden) veggie girl myself & have even been on a diet without any soy products...lost 25 pounds so far and getting down to 135 by the holidays... the trick ?...eating off the land
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Smile

Congrats AC guy's chick! Good job onthe weight loss. That is a tough thing to do. I myself lost 57 lbs since Feb. Carb counting!

well looked up soy ROBO and the process is just who is doing it. We have grown soybeans before and I loved the raw green kind in the field & I roasted a few dry ones , very good by the way but I'm really a meat &(garden) veggie girl myself & have even been on a diet without any soy products...lost 25 pounds so far and getting down to 135 by the holidays... the trick ?...eating off the land
    I'm a big city boy, born and raised, now living in rural Lancaster county, PA. We grow some of our own food, but have lots of fresh produce and fruit farms all around us to pick up organically grown veggies and fruits.

Being someone who is chemical sensitive, I too like to buy as close to coming out of the ground as possible.

When I was in grade school, long ago and far away, we didn't have kids running around and going nuts in class. Very few over weight kids and none excessive. We lived on peanut butter and I never heard of peanut allergy. I never knew of any kid on control drugs.

Something is different I believe
    I think somehow we are poisoning ourselves and don't know what's doing it.
    If I hadn't lived through a different time I wouldn't know that there is something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    When I was in grade school, long ago and far away, we didn't have kids running around and going nuts in class. Very few over weight kids and none excessive. We lived on peanut butter and I never heard of peanut allergy. I never knew of any kid on control drugs.

Something is different I believe
    I think somehow we are poisoning ourselves and don't know what's doing it.
    If I hadn't lived through a different time I wouldn't know that there is something wrong.
    I agree with one exception; we do know what's doing it. Overly processed foods with chemical additives and chemicals in our air and drinking water. Combine these things with how much longer we stay inside of tightly closed up houses and vehicles, and we are altering our bodies with a completely different atmosphere.

Stop consuming and breathing chemicals and overly processed foods, and we will again be much healthier. What is really sad is that we in the HVAC industry have the means to really help, but those in our industry do not understand the issues enough to properly promote and utilize what we have at hand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast