Waiting Patiently

Hey guys, my name is Louis from Ontario, Canada eh! I have been in this trade since 1998, mostly as an installer. I have been doing service work for about 2 years now, and have learned quite a bit. During this time of learning, I did not have a mentor or someone (willing to help much) I could ask for advice when I was stuck, or did not quite understand something. Most of what I know now was self taught by educating myself through training courses, reading, and tech support. I consider myself a pro, not because of my cedentials, but because I have never attempted to do anything HVAC until I fully understood what I was about to do. I am very passionate about my job! A couple of days ago I applied for pro membership. Does anyone know how long it takes for a response from the membership committee? I want to be the most knowledgeable technician in my area, and this will help me achieve my goal.
    I love my job, because it allows me to help people. I just dislike the part where the people I'm trying to help, want to help me help them.

The membership committee have busy lives in addition to their volunteer work here. Can take a week or two.

I hear it takes longer if someone starts a thread asking how long it will take.

I'm sorry, I guess you are rite. Forgive me for being exited about using this site. I was not trying to be pushy. "Just like a kid before Christmas" LOL
    I love my job, because it allows me to help people. I just dislike the part where the people I'm trying to help, want to help me help them.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Can take a week or two.

I hear it takes longer if someone starts a thread asking how long it will take.

then there's the $39.99
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Thanks membership committee! I look forward to learning and sharing!