Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    filter can be a cause of burner not firing properly, but not usually able to restart after a prime.

post back after his visit if he comes up with nothing.

gross, we can take that discussion to the proforum if need be
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

There is a reason your not allowed to transfer old oil

Also, reillo pumps are only good up to -3"wc

A new filter may get it working now, a two stage pump will fix the problem if u have no leaks. Vacuum test :/

Sorry you mentioned that a reillo burner is only good for -3" WC?
    I'm so confused, the only difference in the new system is that it is a top feed. The old tank was in the exact same spot as the new and the new oil line is run exactly where the old one was, and the furnace hasn't moved, I am waiting anxiously to see what the burner tech thinks.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boeingfixer View Post
    I'm so confused, the only difference in the new system is that it is a top feed. The old tank was in the exact same spot as the new and the new oil line is run exactly where the old one was, and the furnace hasn't moved, I am waiting anxiously to see what the burner tech thinks.
    Thanks.
    That is a more in-depth answer to why overhead lines on riello burners with over head lines can lose prime, as others have said. I think having a professional take a look is your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by boeingfixer View Post
    Thanks.
    he got a little too technical, he's refering to the strength of that pump being able to pull the oil to the burner.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

There really is no substitute for proper diagnostics. First and foremost the system has to be throughly checked for vacuum leaks. All inline components have to be checked and eliminated, one by one. Single line supplies can be problematic and require absolute perfection. Tiger Loops serve many purposes and have never caused me ANY problems only solved them. I service close to 500 fuel units a year.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12