Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodman blower control board

Post Likes

Goodman blower control board

I have a Goodman 2 to package unit 13 seer and the blower is running all the time so I replaced the blower control board but it is still not shutting off does any one know what the problem could be thanks
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    have you checked to see if t-stat is calling for blower

Post Likes
    save your self the money and hire a professional.

that could be a simple problem or even a real complicated one...
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Post Likes
    Yes I checked the voltage at the tstat and it was good I even un hooked the fan wire and did not shut off

Post Likes
    It's not a control board issue, and what it is leads in to stuff that is DIY and against forum rules pertaining to working inside the unit. Save yourself some time/pain/heartache and call a professional out before you hurt yourself or cause a larger costing problem then what it already is.

Post Likes
    does the heater work ,you need to call a pro

Post Likes
    Well I have been doing hvac for a while now just because I don't have a license doesn't mean I don't no any thing and I have had a prof check it and all I got was a 200 dollar bill I posted for a little advice if u don't won't to give me any then don't reply to my post because professional doesn't mean a lot to me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shook24 View Post
    Well I have been doing hvac for a while now
    Most all techs that have been through one winter, experience what makes a motor continue to run, this is usually a really simple issue. I am sorry you changed the board, but most issues we have with a furnace is not the board at all.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    I have had a prof check it and all I got was a 200 dollar bill
    Why did you pay someone if they did not fix it? I never charge anyone anything period if I can't fix it, it just goes with the territory.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    It is doing it in the cool mode to and the control blower board is only gettng 120 v and I wasn't there when he worked on it .it is a rental property of mine he left a bill and said it was fixed but it wasn't so I haven't paid him yet thanks

Post Likes
    Since you have not paid him, Call him back out and show him it is not working still. If they run a decent show they will fix it before asking to be paid.

Post Likes
    I have called him back and he said it was fixed when he left and I had to pay before he would come back and honestly I think I was sold a bad part

Post Likes
    Think twice before calling him back out.
    He couldn't fix it right the first time, what makes one think he'll be any smarter or competent, the second time.
    From your description, he's a "shot-gunner".
    This is a term used to describe a repair person, who doesn't diagnose or use things like voltmeters or gauges, and just guesses at the problem. He/she will start replacing parts until the problem is solved. Oh they they tend to start with the "complicated" parts such as control boards and tstats.
    Call, him up, offer to pay bill minus labor to cover cost of new part you received, ask for old control board back (its always nice to have a spare) and be done with him.
    Then find a new tech.

Post Likes
    I have called him back and he said it was fixed when he left and I had to pay before he would come back and honestly I think I was sold a bad part
    If the issue he originally come out to fix is still not fixed, plain and simple he has not fix it yet. The reason he is not wanting to come back out is, you two are feuding, he wants to get paid for the original call, "which he has not fixed" and you don't want to pay him because he has not fixed it yet. Keep your money and call another company, unless this person is family or friend why worry about it? something has keep you from calling someone else, what is it? also you were not sold a bad part if you have not paid him, you have not been sold anything. Tell him to come get his part and call someone else, pretty simple, no charge.

Post Likes
    Well I have been doing hvac for a while now just because I don't have a license doesn't mean I don't no any thing and I have had a prof check it and all I got was a 200 dollar bill I posted for a little advice if u don't won't to give me any then don't reply to my post because professional doesn't mean a lot to me
    If you had read the site rules you would know we cannot give you the type of advice you are requesting.

The problem is three possible things and can be easily determined with basic electrical troubleshooting skills. If you are trying to do this yourself and cannot trace out a low voltage problem call another pro that guarantees their work.

Cannot tell from your post if you replaced the board or if the person you called out did. If you did no recourse and if they did then sorry that is what you get for calling the cheapest guy out.

Post Likes
    I bought and replced the board aftet he worked on it the money is for labor I guess because he didn't replace any parts and I'm not asking for any one to tell me wht s wrong just for advice so the ones who won't to act like butt holes u don't have to share your opinion

Post Likes
    Well I fixed it it was a bad part so I don't need to hear any more of yalls crap thanks for the advice this is why I am learning to do this myself so I don't have to put up with techs like the ones who crap me and act like yall I think ill stay off here because if I won't ignorance ill just call another tech

Post Likes
    Cheap landlord. The tech made a bad diagnosis which I'm sure would have been a no charge callback if you had bought the part and had installed from him...

I'm sure this tech learned a valuable lesson about COD also...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    I don't mind paying as long as it is fixed and I called the company and the tech says it was fixed when he left that something else must have went wrong but I fixed it so I guess I'm not as dumb as some of yall think I am just because people have license to do this work doesn't mean they no every thing

Post Likes
    I don't mind paying as long as it is fixed
    Why didn't you buy the part and labor and thus a warranty on the repair from the technician?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in