Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodman blower control board

I have a Goodman 2 to package unit 13 seer and the blower is running all the time so I replaced the blower control board but it is still not shutting off does any one know what the problem could be thanks

have you checked to see if t-stat is calling for blower

save your self the money and hire a professional.

that could be a simple problem or even a real complicated one...
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Yes I checked the voltage at the tstat and it was good I even un hooked the fan wire and did not shut off

It's not a control board issue, and what it is leads in to stuff that is DIY and against forum rules pertaining to working inside the unit. Save yourself some time/pain/heartache and call a professional out before you hurt yourself or cause a larger costing problem then what it already is.

does the heater work ,you need to call a pro

Well I have been doing hvac for a while now just because I don't have a license doesn't mean I don't no any thing and I have had a prof check it and all I got was a 200 dollar bill I posted for a little advice if u don't won't to give me any then don't reply to my post because professional doesn't mean a lot to me

Quote Originally Posted by shook24 View Post
    Well I have been doing hvac for a while now
    Most all techs that have been through one winter, experience what makes a motor continue to run, this is usually a really simple issue. I am sorry you changed the board, but most issues we have with a furnace is not the board at all.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by shook24 View Post
    I have had a prof check it and all I got was a 200 dollar bill
    Why did you pay someone if they did not fix it? I never charge anyone anything period if I can't fix it, it just goes with the territory.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

It is doing it in the cool mode to and the control blower board is only gettng 120 v and I wasn't there when he worked on it .it is a rental property of mine he left a bill and said it was fixed but it wasn't so I haven't paid him yet thanks

Since you have not paid him, Call him back out and show him it is not working still. If they run a decent show they will fix it before asking to be paid.

I have called him back and he said it was fixed when he left and I had to pay before he would come back and honestly I think I was sold a bad part

Think twice before calling him back out.
    He couldn't fix it right the first time, what makes one think he'll be any smarter or competent, the second time.
    From your description, he's a "shot-gunner".
    This is a term used to describe a repair person, who doesn't diagnose or use things like voltmeters or gauges, and just guesses at the problem. He/she will start replacing parts until the problem is solved. Oh they they tend to start with the "complicated" parts such as control boards and tstats.
    Call, him up, offer to pay bill minus labor to cover cost of new part you received, ask for old control board back (its always nice to have a spare) and be done with him.
    Then find a new tech.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast