Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HVAC-Calc Load Program - Anyone have it?

Jerry R Guest

Question

Does anyone have experience using HVAC-Calc version 3 ? ? From a trial copy I have, it looks like a fantastic program, but it might be nice to hear from someone already using it for residential.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes

Yes, I have used it and you are right, it IS fantastic! The only thing better is their HVAC-Calc Version 4.0! You can download a trial of it at http://www.hvaccomputer.com .

I also use their Commercial 4.0 program which is superb.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

We also use HVAC calc here in Illinois and like it quite well.

Post Likes

Thanks for the vote of confidences, guys. My first use of the program was a 3000'ranch we were designing....10' ceilings,R-38, 2X6 walls, R-19, low-E windows, etc in a heavily wooded location, and it came up with something under 2 (two) tons ! Needless to say, I doubted the program 1st, but I guess it was the good design, huh ?

Post Likes

We use it to quote jobs to area contractors all the time it has sped up aour quote process alot. I recommend it to everyone I deal with.

2838 Cherokee Cove Stone Moutain,GA 30087
    Post Likes

I also use HVAC Calc 4.0 and would recommend it, have both programs and is user friendly.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George F:
    Yes, I have used it and you are right, it IS fantastic! The only thing better is their HVAC-Calc Version 4.0! You can download a trial of it at http://www.hvaccomputer.com .

I also use their Commercial 4.0 program which is superb.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Likes

I don't want to drive the responses for the program into the ground.... BUT ...HEY! I use it too....

I very cleverly I think incorporate the programs reports on our company letter head and try and inlcude a complete report in all my submitted proposals... I would say it is the difference that gets the job over the competition...

Guys we have to drive home our service and I use HVAC-Calc as a tool for this...

On a scale of 1- 10 I rate HVAC-Calc a 10+ ... I'm a firm believer in trying before you buy it guys... HVAC Computer has our vote!

Mel Damron, AllTemp Heating & Cooling http://www.alltemphvac.net

Post Likes

WOW and Double WOW for the HVAC 4.0.
    Does anyone not love this program ? ?

dwahlman Guest

Smile

I currently use the HVAC-Calc 4.0 in my classroom for a practical application of heat load calculations. It is the one program I have found that is: 1) extremely user friendly, 2) fast and accurate, and 3) the support staff, Don Sleeth is one of the most knowledgeable and efficient people in the field. I urge my students in the HVAC industry to use it as much as possible.

Dan Wahlman, Instructor
    Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration program
    Bismarck State College
    1200 College Drive
    Bismarck, ND 58501

If you have any questions on the HVAC-Calc feel free to e-mail me at: dwahlman@gwmail.nodak.edu

JJohnson Guest

Talking

One more happy customer here, both programs. Support on weekends- can't beat that!

Post Likes

Talking

Another happy customer here!!!
    Specially when it comes to confront the State
    inspectors that always try to see if you're up to date!!!!

Wayne G Guest

My sales have gone up since I started using this program last summer. I use it on my notebook and my office and my home computer. I like the way the new version lets my copy jobs from one to the other

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I invested in a inexpensive binding machine made by IBCO, I use to go to Kinkos and aget my proposal's done.... Now I do it myself for penny's...

I print a very nice and colorfull cover page and incorporte the load report for the customer with no strings attached... They get it no charge up front before they select me for thier contractor... I find this to be an invaluable tool in closing a sale when they are shopping for a contractor!!!!!

I would strongly recommend anyone even remotely thinking about purchasing a heat load program to download HVAC Computers demo take it for a test drive, print the reports and geta feel for it... Then test drive the other load programs and you decide!!!!

Boss this thread is goign to burn holes in your servers IP address :-)

Another tip for the serious contractor who performs these load calcs for their custumers.... Check your equipment specifications for the sensible rating during high ambeints and take this into consideration....
    MDamron,AllTemp http://www.alltemphvac.net

Post Likes

I have been useing Don Sleeths programms for 20 years. I've always been very happy with his stuff. Steve Dew

Magic Guest

Smile

Hey - I am a new user of HVAC-Calc and you are right! So much easier to use than the 'other guys' and at a better price too! Highly recommended.

ACsvcr Guest

Has anyone ever used the more expensive calculation programs? I have found about three available over the internet (hvac-calc being one of them). There was one I was really leaning hard toward (I think it was right-J or something similar) but it was significantly more expensive.

Does HVAC-Calc charge full price for upgrades if you already own their software?

Thanks,

Post Likes

I would say that you would pay it, the full price upgrade, if you were using it. I reckon I've only done about 25-30 loads to date, and it's getting faster, about 15 minutes with a good set of notes! I called Don Sleeth today for some help, and the man has always made the time to talk it through. I appreciate the confidence to talk turkey with the local electric utility! Take care,

JJohnson Guest

Talking

Actually, HVAC-Calc upgrades are free! I started with HVAC-Calc Residential 3.0. When I bought HVAC-Calc Commercial 4.0 I got a free upgrade to HVAC-Calc Residential 4.0. They keep adding features to it, like duct sizing, and all the updates are free!

Just go to there web site http://www.hvaccomputer.com , they have a section there called something like "Free Updates for our customers", I go there all the time to see if there is anything new.

They also allow you to install it on up to 3 computers. I have it at home and at work and plan to get a laptop.

Post Likes

Question

the software says it has "think ahead programming" which remembers your previous values and automatically brings them up. that would be good for new construction but i do mostly retro-fit and am always changing values. is this easy with hvaccalc? i tried to do a heat gain on a 100 yr old schoolhouse 3 bricks thick, no insulation. havent seen a program that can do it. will this?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

HVAC-Calc allows you to easily select the different construction types on
    the fly, as you go. I use it on retros too and find it very fast. The best bet is to download a copy at http://www.hvaccomputer.com and try it.
    I think it will do the schoolhouse just fine but if you have a question about your schoolhouse, just call their tech support - they know their stuff and they are available 7 days a week.

MDamron,AllTemp http://www.alltemphvac.net

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in