Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have been useing Don Sleeths programms for 20 years. I've always been very happy with his stuff. Steve Dew

Magic Guest

Smile

Hey - I am a new user of HVAC-Calc and you are right! So much easier to use than the 'other guys' and at a better price too! Highly recommended.

ACsvcr Guest

Has anyone ever used the more expensive calculation programs? I have found about three available over the internet (hvac-calc being one of them). There was one I was really leaning hard toward (I think it was right-J or something similar) but it was significantly more expensive.

Does HVAC-Calc charge full price for upgrades if you already own their software?

Thanks,

I would say that you would pay it, the full price upgrade, if you were using it. I reckon I've only done about 25-30 loads to date, and it's getting faster, about 15 minutes with a good set of notes! I called Don Sleeth today for some help, and the man has always made the time to talk it through. I appreciate the confidence to talk turkey with the local electric utility! Take care,

JJohnson Guest

Talking

Actually, HVAC-Calc upgrades are free! I started with HVAC-Calc Residential 3.0. When I bought HVAC-Calc Commercial 4.0 I got a free upgrade to HVAC-Calc Residential 4.0. They keep adding features to it, like duct sizing, and all the updates are free!

Just go to there web site http://www.hvaccomputer.com , they have a section there called something like "Free Updates for our customers", I go there all the time to see if there is anything new.

They also allow you to install it on up to 3 computers. I have it at home and at work and plan to get a laptop.

Question

the software says it has "think ahead programming" which remembers your previous values and automatically brings them up. that would be good for new construction but i do mostly retro-fit and am always changing values. is this easy with hvaccalc? i tried to do a heat gain on a 100 yr old schoolhouse 3 bricks thick, no insulation. havent seen a program that can do it. will this?

Thumbs up

HVAC-Calc allows you to easily select the different construction types on
    the fly, as you go. I use it on retros too and find it very fast. The best bet is to download a copy at http://www.hvaccomputer.com and try it.
    I think it will do the schoolhouse just fine but if you have a question about your schoolhouse, just call their tech support - they know their stuff and they are available 7 days a week.

MDamron,AllTemp http://www.alltemphvac.net

AC Bob Guest

Thumbs up

Well, I haven't bought this program yet, but I have got to say their tech support is pretty impressive. I couldn't get it downloaded but I got this e-mail offering to help. I called their 888 736-1101 number and it was after 9 at night - got a real person on the second ring, who helped me download it. Now I'll try it!

Spotts...

Tell us you've downloaded and tried HVAC-Calc!

MDamron,AllTemp http://www.alltemphvac.net

AC Bob Guest

Talking

Tried it on the weekend, Bought it today! One more happy customer

Wait until you sink your teeth into their commerical program...

I've posted this before and I'll do it here again... I find printing out my customers load caluclations for them binding it in a presentation folder really shows a concern for their system installation and is a added plus to the final sales presentation.

The printed forms are clear and consise and easy for the layman to understand. Also the software provides a great place in it's header for you to place you company slogan ! I borrows HVAC-Calcs great front cover graphic for my presentation below our company logo ... It sells, sells, sells your estimates!

[Edited by AllTemp on 12-15-2000 at 11:27 PM]
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Thumbs up

One of my best tool investments. Customers like the load/calc printout results and I think it forms a sense of trust between the customer and the contractor.

Jerry C Guest

Hey Jerry I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE RANCH HOUSE IS COOL AND DOSE THE A/C RUN ALL THE TIME? I HAVE HVAC-CALC AND I AM IN DOUBT ABOUT THE A/C SIZE.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast