Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Smile

Gord,

Thanks for you tip regarding the "change all" tool. Sounds like I need to at least pop for the $39 version so I can do some more serious playing with it. I did like the way the interface is set up -- very easy to learn to use. I felt I had made some sort of mistake in my setup and did double check the settings but didn't find anything. I guess I need to triple check.

Thanks again.

Hmm input=output

JR, If you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and go to reports, then to "by room", make the last selection"each component,with selection,sq ft". and review your input, line
    by line. I found that because I had 4 zones, and did each zone, room by room that the sq.footage didn't calc. out and
    I had to adjust it. Otherwise 4.0 is the best thing since buttered bread.

Be sure NOT to "pad" the final result.
    He sais in the manual he has aready "padded" it 20%

Actually, the HVAC-Calc manual says the loads are as accurate as possible, and contain no safety factor. It recommends that a furnace be sized 20% to 25% larger than the design heat loss. It is also recommended that you select "no inside shading" and "no outside shading" on all windows and glass doors. This makes sense because who wants the drapes closed in the middle of a nice summer day.

I have been following these recommendations and have had great success.

HVAC-Calc

Any heat loss/heat gain program is a real asset to a sales presentation. HVAC-Calc is much easier than some of the much more expensive alternatives (I won't mention their names for obvious reasons). Don Sleeth is tremendous when it comes to needing help and many times when I have called I have reached him personally. I only wish that he would introduce an operating cost program like he had with his old program that ran on Sharp or Radio Shack minicomputers.

Talking you know....

I am a recovering "computer idiot". it took me a long time to buy HVAC-Calc because i thought it would be tough to understand and i wouldn't use it. (i had bought 2 worthless load calcs previously) Well, I bought it and after I loaded it Don walked me through the sample house and that was all the instruction i ever needed. now that I have used it for a while I can do a home in about 10 min. the included book is easy to understand and yes I close a higher percentage because of it. It has paid for itself over and over! Don't mess around with only purchasing the residential system... the commercial is so usefull and you WILL need it...it is cheaper to buy both at once. also on the support side... don has answered the phone himself every time i called. EXCELLENT! Jack

Talking Way above the competition!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats how I would describe H.V.A.C. Calc 3!
    Then I upgraded to Version 4---THE Best business investment
    I've ever made! I include a report with every proposal and everyone is impressed!They tell me that no one else takes the time to do this for them,and I usually get the job!
    I also use H.V.A.C. Calc Commercial and am equally pleased!!
    mose
    "Everyone must believe in something,I believe I'll have another beer!"

I just broke down and bought the program , and glad I did ! Its got to be the best tool available ! Thanks Don , excellent program !

Talking

I Also use HVAC-CALC 4.0, it makes life much easier

Wink Don....

I bought my HVAC-Calc 4.0 in July 2000. How will I know if there is ever any updates? Thanx Buddy! Jack
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Free updates

Hi Jack - we are constantly adding small, and some not so small, new features. They are downloadable for free from our web-site. If you go to the Table of Contents HVACComputer.com , the second item from the bottom is "Updates, Free Updates for Our Customers". Just click on it and it will take you to a page keeping you up to date on both of our programs.

The most recent update was to add the ability to rotate the house. You will find that under the "Tools" menu. The version is now 4.0.30. The download file is only small, about 5 minutes on a slow connection. Just download it, run it, and you will be up to date.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Can anyone tell me how they apply this software when changing out existing equipment. I am considering purchasing Hvac-calc, and can see where it would be benificial on new construction and some other applications. But how do you apply it to regular change outs. I hate to ask such a dumb question, But around here everyone uses the 400 square ft. per ton rule of thumb. I am trying to get away from that and be as professional as I can. No one uses load calculations around here and I am trying to teach myself. Thanks!!!

Talking rew

What a great way to set your company apart from your compatition. I've been using some form of a load calc for years and I use to do the ol Sq/ft method too. Btu after using the calc programs I was suprised to see that I was way off on alot of quotes. The hardest thing for me was to trust it. Once I saw that it really works and benifits the costumer theres know other way to go.
    I just puchased Hvac-calc about two weeks ago and its really easy to use. I personally found in my area that about 90% of all older furnaces are oversized. But the only way to tell is to do a load calc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast