Help me pick a HP and error check

We have a 1420 sq ft split-level over crawlspace and garage in Atlanta, GA. We have decided to replace (instead of repair) a way-oversized 100,000 Btu/hr, 14 year-old NG furnace and 27 year-old A/C of unknown size with a heat pump (heat strip back-up). Only one company did a load calc (1.9 tons cooling, 60,000 Btu/hr heating). Also, FYI, the air-handler will be in the crawlspace.

I've run the numbers, and the two quotes we have narrowed it down to are

2.5 ton Trane XR15 4TWR5030E with 4TEE3F40B0

2.5 ton Bryant 225BNA030 with FV4BNF003T00

The Bryant system is a fair amount cheaper, but I'm a sucker for better efficiency, within reason.

I do not have information on the thermostats, but I will get that before deciding. If you any of you has any input/advice on these systems/components (e.g. get a different air-handler, you want this thermostat, don't buy that one, etc.), I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Error check part--I want to make sure the match-ups I've been given make sense. If you see something that looks fishy, please let me know.

Umm. How did they come up with 60k btu heat loss and 1.9 ton cooling. Those numbers, mostly heating seem totally made up. And if it's 1.9 ton cooling why did they size out a 2.5 ton unless it's a sensible vs latent load issue.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

030-may only be capable of making 24kbtu

why are you ditching the dual fuel altogether
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    030-may only be capable of making 24kbtu

why are you ditching the dual fuel altogether
    We now have a heat pump hot water heater, so natural gas is only used for heating. With the fixed cost of maintaining natural gas service every month, it does not make economical sense to keep a furnace. I don't see a duel fuel saving us the $300/year over the HP to make up for the fixed cost of keeping natural gas service and the increased capital cost of going duel-fuel. If someone can persuade me otherwise, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Umm. How did they come up with 60k btu heat loss and 1.9 ton cooling. Those numbers, mostly heating seem totally made up. And if it's 1.9 ton cooling why did they size out a 2.5 ton unless it's a sensible vs latent load issue.
    He had all of the room and window dimensions, insulation information, house orientation, etc. There was no duct or house leak test performed.

Beyond that, I don't know what he did to come up with his numbers.

FYI, the house was built in 1984--original cedar siding, no house wrap.