Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visio Stencils

Anyone have a library of stencils that they are able to offer? I have some, and have made some of my own, but am always looking for more. Does not matter what type, as long as they are related to automation drawings.

Honeywell used to distribute several on a documentation CD a few years ago - I still use them, and can pass them on if you don't have them...as well, I've got some compiled from various employees we've had over the years - JCI, Auto-Matrix, misc, etc...just e-mail me.

Originally posted by davem
    Honeywell used to distribute several on a documentation CD a few years ago - I still use them, and can pass them on if you don't have them...as well, I've got some compiled from various employees we've had over the years - JCI, Auto-Matrix, misc, etc...just e-mail me.
    Thank You! I would gladly take anything you are willing to share.
    What email address should I email you on?

Hey Code I would be interested in a copy of the stencils you have

I have a junk email address
    <<edit, please no email addresses, put it in your creds or profile>>
    joey79111
    atyahoo
    dot
    com

Also a little cheat I have found, if you use a certain manufacturers product, say a DC power supply, go to their website and pull up the PDF on it, there usually is a black and white pic of it, click on the camera icon on your toolbar and click and drag a box around the pic, open visio and copy and paste it as a stencil.

[Edited by Mod2 on 01-07-2006 at 06:52 PM]
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Originally posted by joey791
    Hey Code I would be interested in a copy of the stencils you have

I have a junk email address

Also a little cheat I have found, if you use a certain manufacturers product, say a DC power supply, go to their website and pull up the PDF on it, there usually is a black and white pic of it, click on the camera icon on your toolbar and click and drag a box around the pic, open visio and copy and paste it as a stencil.
    Camera icon on toolbar? explain please

[Edited by Mod2 on 01-07-2006 at 06:52 PM]

I took a pic of my screen but cant figure out how to upload the file, nothing on my computer except the clipboard viewer will open it, if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

On Acrobat 7.0 if you have a PDF file, there is a toolbar with save a copy, printer, world with envelope, binocular search, then another toolbar the last icon on it is a camera, that is what you use.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

ah, I got what you mean now. Similiar to what I have done as well, but I usually import the pic into PS or similiar and touch it up first.

Hey codewriter..... I would like to check out your stencils as well.

<---45 at yahoo

Thanks, Dan

When you open an Adobe file you'll see across the upper screen your menu/tool bar a camera icon. Click the camera icon and then draw a square around your picture that you want to take. When you release the mouse button to finish drawing the square around the object you'll hear a click and see the picture go black and white like a flash in a camera. You just took a picture of everything inside your square. Then you can go into Visio and paste that picture in a stencil. I've got a bit of my own library and there are some steps to take to make sure you create your own and don't use it and have it reference parts and what not but I don't remember the steps offhand. However what Joey said about the camera works great and I use it all the time now to create my own stencils.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Hey Codewriter,
    Please send me the stencils also. I would like to see what you have.

Originally posted by codewriter
    Anyone have a library of stencils that they are able to offer? I have some, and have made some of my own, but am always looking for more. Does not matter what type, as long as they are related to automation drawings.

I have some stencils that I would like to trade for. Let me know where to send mine and I will email to you.

Codewriter,

you have too much time on your hands, those stencils are amazingly detailed. kudos. i figured out what most of the components were in a minimized viewing window.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast