Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Older Liebert fh199a-c00 Humidifier's driving me nuts.

I have three Liebert fh199a-c00 units in a electronics room and each one is killing me with there low humidity alarms. Each is set at 40% with a 5%diff thats the max diff it will let you enter on two of the units the other unit was updated with a newer logic board and you can adjust the diff higher.
    Each time they alarm I go and check them and find them either in alarm or they reached the thresh hold in that 5%.and reset themselves. I dont understand it, theres water in the pans and the lights are on. Do these lights lose there heating ability?(didnt think so) there freakin hot! Are these units a pain in the butt all together with humidity issues? I wish I could adjust that diff a little wider. Any tips on these would be great. I did find the one pan empty with the pan limit tripped. I reset it and ran it through its operation, ok. Am I understanding that when a call for humidity the water is timed on for 80 seconds and it does that every 10minutes??? Sometimes i see it come on for 10 seconds then shut off. I'm a virgin at these so any help would be appretiated. Thanks.

Sorry I meant sensitivity not diff. So if I set the hum sens at 5% and humid setting 40% when would a low humid alarm go off?? Im trying to figure this out.

I would make sure that the units are not fighting each other i.e. one trying to dehumidify while the other is humidifing. And to answer your question about the bulbs, "Its better to burn out then fade away", if they are on they are working.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that now I can do almost anything with nothing at all.

Where are your High and Low Humidity alarm points set to? The lamps do not lower temperature. You have to look at all aspects when trying to trouble shoot humidity issues. 5% is to activate/deactivate the call for humidification, not alarms. If your alarms points are set to tight, this will happen. you need to verify the amp draw is per the Liebert nameplate and that will tell you if it doing all it can do. The older units will fill every 10 min during humidification for makeup water. Is the room able to hold humidity? How much Air infriltration does the room have from fresh air?

Quote Originally Posted by GoColts View Post
    I would make sure that the units are not fighting each other i.e. one trying to dehumidify while the other is humidifing. And to answer your question about the bulbs, "Its better to burn out then fade away", if they are on they are working.
    absolutely, and sometimes it's better to disconnect humification or reheat on one of the systems due to this fighting

good post!
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by Liebert_Tech View Post
    Where are your High and Low Humidity alarm points set to? The lamps do not lower temperature. You have to look at all aspects when trying to trouble shoot humidity issues. 5% is to activate/deactivate the call for humidification, not alarms. If your alarms points are set to tight, this will happen. you need to verify the amp draw is per the Liebert nameplate and that will tell you if it doing all it can do. The older units will fill every 10 min during humidification for makeup water. Is the room able to hold humidity? How much Air infriltration does the room have from fresh air?
    I don't think you can set the alarm set point on this older board. It goes off when I set the humid 10% more than actual so I guess it's factory set at 10. Older led board not the newer LCD read screen.

There is an orifice in the water line that gets clogged like an Aprilaire humidifier. The only difference is that it throws off the fill timing.
    Kinda sounds like your problem.

Cool thx wolfdog. Is the orfice near the strainer and solenoid? I guess that's where it would have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1010 View Post
    absolutely, and sometimes it's better to disconnect humification or reheat on one of the systems due to this fighting

good post!
    Amen, I wish I knew this advice 2 yrs ago! I had my a.. handed to me troubleshooting this issue. It wasn't as simple as shutting one system down and leaving one run, and TS the other, the heat load would not allow that for any length of time. The good news is that the same computer room now has 3 new Liebert unit's that individually handle the load and each one cycle's every week.

Quote Originally Posted by billymons View Post
    Cool thx wolfdog. Is the orfice near the strainer and solenoid? I guess that's where it would have to be.
    It has been a while ... but as I recall yes. This applies to the Lieberts that operate without a float or a steam generator.
    You can also program the flow rates to some degree. It depends on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
    It has been a while ... but as I recall yes. This applies to the Lieberts that operate without a float or a steam generator.
    You can also program the flow rates to some degree. It depends on the board.
    Yea this has no float and the board does have a button to adjust the flow rate. 25 max. Wonder what 25 means?? I got no paper work on this nor can I find the manual on line. Only newer system/3

I have a PDF for the level 00, Here is some info from the Service Manual. I can't post PDF's to this site.
    ------------------------------------------
    Microprocessor Control Board Display and Programming
    Temperature

The space temperature is displayed on the upper right hand corner of the unit microprocessor control board whenever the first (top) red
    Light Emitting Diode (LED) is glowing solid red. If another parameter is being view, press the advance push button repeatedly until first (top) LED is lit. The temperature is displayed in either degrees ºF or ºC.. Tenths of degree increments are used for the internal calculations only and are not displayed. The displayed value for the readout is the integral portion of the control measurement and is truncated rather than rounded.

During a loss of signal input to the microprocessor, the temperature readout on the Level 00 Microprocessor control board will be dashes (- -). The front display bezel will indicate this condition by both the high and low temperature red alarm LED’s. During a temperature out of range condition, the Level 00 Microprocessor control board will display either 35ºF (2ºC) for low side or 90ºF (32ºC) for high side. The front display bezel will indicate the condition by lighting the appropriate low or high temperature red alarm LED.

50 Level 00 Microprocessor Training and Service Manual

Humidity
    The space humidity is displayed on the upper right hand corner of the unit microprocessor control board whenever the fourth red

Light Emitting Diode (LED) from the top position is glowing solid red. If another parameter is being view, press the advance push button repeatedly until fourth LED is lit. The humidity is displayed in percent (%) Relative Humidity. Tenths of percent increments are used for the internal calculations only and are not displayed. The displayed value for the readout is the integral portion of the control measurement and is truncated rather than rounded.

During a loss of signal input to the microprocessor, the humidity readout on the Level 00 Microprocessor control board will be dashes (- -). The front display bezel will indicate this condition by both the high and low humidity red alarm LED’s. During a humidity out of range condition, the Level 00 Microprocessor control board will display either 35% for low side or 65% for high side. The front display bezel will indicate the condition by lighting the appropriate low or high humidity red alarm LED.
    Advance Push Button
    The Advance push button provides the customer with a means to view the various displayed and programmed values of the Level 00 Microprocessor control. The customer will need to depress the Advance push button to scroll downward through the seven (7) red LED’s to the view various functions. The information displayed in each position will be read on the two-digit display readout located on the upper left hand corner of the unit microprocessor control board.
    When the bottom red LED is selected and the user presses the Advance push button again the next in sequence to light is the top red LED. At this time, the customer has completed viewing the programmed values in Set Mode 1 (Normal Operation). To view the values in Set Mode 2, the customer must first access the program. The instructions for accessing Set Mode 2 are described later in this chapter. Use the Advance push button to view the following parameters:
    SET MODE 1 (Normal Operation) SET MODE 2
    MODE 1- Temperature: Room condition
    MODE 2- Compressor Lead/ Lag Sequencing
    MODE 1- Temperature Set Point
    MODE 2- High Temperature Alarm Trip Point
    MODE 1- Temperature Sensitivity
    MODE 2- Low Temperature Alarm Trip Point
    MODE 1- Humidity: Room Condition (Pan Size)
    MODE 2- Blank – not used
    MODE 1- Humidity Set Point
    MODE 2- High Humidity Alarm Trip Point
    MODE 1- Humidity Sensitivity
    MODE 2- Low Humidity Alarm Trip Point
    MODE 1- Humidifier Water Rate
    MODE 2- Blank – not used

To access the Set Mode 2 programming functions, perform the following steps:
    Use the Advance push button to scroll to the red TEMPERTURE led.
    Simultaneously press and hold the Increase/ Decrease push buttons for 10 seconds.
    The RED TEMPERATURE LED begins to blink, this indicates that SET MODE 2 has been accessed. Release the Increase/ Decrease push buttons.
    The digital readout now displays the Compressor Sequence (Lead/ Lag) program.
    Use the Advance push button to scroll downward to select the program to be adjusted. The corresponding LED will continue to blink, indicating Set Mode 2 operation. Use the Increase/ Decrease push buttons to adjust the selected program as necessary.
    Approximately 10 seconds after the last Advanced/ Increase/ decrease push button has been depressed Set Mode 2 programming terminates and operation returns to normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast