Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I spoke to another local engineer locally to me today who was running a test on this product himself for a warehouse facility. he told me his hasn't had any issues yet. and they use a monitoring system for food and air temperatures, he said it was another bit of BS when it was left on his bench in the workshop with a note from his supervisor to run on a plant at a local warehouse & processing plant.

He told me anything which comes in a little black box full of a gooie wax is stupid. So I then said and how is the test, and he said frustrating. I said why, and replied, the bloody thing works. I laughed and he said someone eventually was going to make something out of what we have all done for years with a jar of glycol. smart gits he said. 40 years climbing over equipment, and someone makes a box patents it, and sells it.

you're really trying to push this thing on us.

IMO you should seek end users.

techs are too smart for this.

It does seem like the bottle of glycerin the probes are in in researech and clinical applications. I don[t think it would hurt.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    you're really trying to push this thing on us.

IMO you should seek end users.

techs are too smart for this.
    No not flogging as you may put it. you just don't want to move forward with the industry. listen, if you are are stuck in your ways and do not want to see change, then that is your choice. I shared this information based on what we have tested and seen ourselves.

We have a number of clients asking us about ECM motors, filter applications, gaskets etc. we try everything offered. so we don't look stupid 6 months to a year down the road when other service engineers in our area have something we could have had in our arsenal of products.

I get emails and product every month sent to me telling me how wonderful they are, and how they are going to save the planet BS.

the two owners of our company do not like to miss out on being front runners locally. So flog your horse and say what you want. but do not be surprised when you are asked about the product by a customer. I see the company is advertising on many sites related to the industry, so they are obviously getting the message out.

They sent me 25 case studies and companies who have installed to call and verify, so I am sure they are not hiding anything if they are so open to offering references of people who have benefits.

Maybe you will get off your flogging horse and move with the times.

I know you have come to terms and accepted promoting this trinket as your "job".

But I guarantee you, This cube is NOT the future of refrigeration.

$hit.....and to think for 35 years of telling my customers to put their thermometers/bulbs in a glass of water to ascertain cooling levels was not worth a patent......WTF .....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

I know you have come to terms and accepted promoting this trinket as your "job".

But I guarantee you, This cube is NOT the future of refrigeration.
    Phase Lose, So the cube product may not be as you say the change in refrigeration for the future. However it seems with the new legislation and regulation which comes into act on July 4th 2012 that I can more than guarantee your customers will be asking you for a food temperature monitoring device.

Field to Fork of monitoring food temperatures through the complete food chain is coming just around the corner. So this is why we have done testing for two larger groups, based on what the Q&A departments are requesting.

It is only fluke that a control monitoring apparatus is helping in reduction of run time and saving energy. The main point is all food sector businesses & organizations are looking for a solution.

Stop you can stop of the oh your a sale person tip, and sit and wait for your clients to ask if you have something which they can use.

you are beating down something you have never tried yourself. I DO NOT expect you to either. So lets just leave it that we are and you are not

Over the last 6 years I have been in and out of Krogers, Safeways, Walmarts, Sams Clubs, Costcos, Targets, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Henrys, Albertsons, Bristol Farms. Working on their energy management systems. Repairing them, upgrading them, installing them, commissioning them. And I've yet to cross one of your trinkets. I talk to guys who run the energy management departments at large service company's and the guys who work at the Chains above...guess what? they don't know about your trinket.

If I am somehow wrong about this, and come July and we are required to install these things. Guess what? I'm going to reproduce & sell your trinket at 1/4 the price your selling it at.

I will also run a professional looking webpage. Everyone knows if you're going to sell trinkets, you need to have a professional looking webpage. You cannot sell a cheesy product on a cheesy looking webpage.

it isn't our product. And I think the product is well and truly covered by patents. who ever mentioned a price anyway. Oh Safeway have started installing as we were sent a case study and location it has been installed to date. I think Krogers & Albertsons in Utah area have them also. But as we don't sell them I couldn't be certain.

Why would you need a website for a product you said is BS???? are you coming to think it works. Hmmm

Alright.

Is there a value in monitoring product temperature? Sure. The product is the ONLY reason that we have refrigeration. If there isn't any product in the case, then we might as well shut it down. 100% energy savings.

Now. How will monitoring product temperature help us to save energy? By cycling the refrigeration based upon product temp rather than on air temp? BAD IDEA.

We'll see wider temperature swings and more energy will be consumed in pull-down after pull-down rather than a steady, even temperature control.

There's another reason that this is not going to work out.

Anyone who has worked in the retail refrigeration sector for any length of time will know that the employees try to CHEAT. They'll shove warm product into a case any time they think they can get away with it.

What that means is that this thing is useless. It will be reading the "steady state" temperature of the case. The temp that product would be if everything was done properly. Since everything is almost never done properly, it's a big waste of money.

Of course, those that deal in 'thermal inertia' and other equally spooky and mystical language have great sales pitches and those that are in the market to buy such things have defective BS detectors. A match made in P.T. Barnum's version of heaven if there ever was.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 03-15-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Alright.

Is there a value in monitoring product temperature? Sure. The product is the ONLY reason that we have refrigeration. If there isn't any product in the case, then we might as well shut it down. 100% energy savings.

Now. How will monitoring product temperature help us to save energy? By cycling the refrigeration based upon product temp rather than on air temp? BAD IDEA.

We'll see wider temperature swings and more energy will be consumed in pull-down after pull-down rather than a steady, even temperature control.

There's another reason that this is not going to work out.

Anyone who has worked in the retail refrigeration sector for any length of time will know that the employees try to CHEAT. They'll shove warm product into a case any time they think they can get away with it.

What that means is that this thing is useless. It will be reading the "steady state" temperature of the case. The temp that product would be if everything was done properly. Since everything is almost never done properly, it's a big waste of money.

Of course, those that deal in 'thermal inertia' and other equally spooky and mystical language have great sales pitches and those that are in the market to buy such things have defective BS detectors. A match made in P.T. Barnum's version of heaven if there ever was.
    Oh quit whining JP, everybody loves 'grainy' ice cream.....wait 'till it melts a little before you throttle that EPR, then freeze er down again WTF.... It'll work even better on the fresh meat cases.....when the radiated light to the surface of the meat can take the surface up 35 degG hotter than case air/over temp!!!

you guys need to unlock your mind and venture into the future where people enjoy melted ice cream and bloody browned meat.

you guys need to unlock your mind and venture into the future where people enjoy melted ice cream and bloody browned meat.
    Yah, I agree....and WTF is a fogging case gonna be any use for to extend the quality/water weight in meat for an extra 4-6 days to preserve food value AND profit.....just sell the dry brown stuff in the closed cases too....right??!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast