Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We don't like anything in the system but refer and oil.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

As was noted in post #2 of this thread (from nearly 4 years ago...) if this additive were as good as it's promoters claim all major manufacturers would be breaking down their doors to get to it. To date, I still don't see that happening.

It's pointless to attempt to sell oil additives which are not approved by the major compressor manufacturers to those of us who must live with these systems long after the initial glow fades away. The snake oil analogy is not far off from the truth here.

It's a standard saying around here (HVAC-Talk): Nothing belongs in a refrigeration system other than refrigerant and oil. The one caveat to that is if somebody like Copeland says some additive is OK, then we may be more likely to accept it over time. But don't hold your breath....we are at best a skeptical bunch.

This stuff can be marketed to the end users 'til the cows come home and they are the ones who come to us to do the work, but don't expect us to stand behind it. We're not going to back anything we can't believe in and quite frankly....most of the claims I've seen are simply preposterous.

I have had many customers ask me about a miracle additive or device, all I can say is if it were so great then all the big guys would all be doing it.

Check this out and tell me if it sells this product to you:
    http://www.thermonomics.net/index.html
    Last edited by icemeister; 11-15-2009 at 12:58 PM.

The only products I fully trust are CfC's, HCFC's, Sporlan filters, acid neutralizers and mineral oil ..I've seen those run 40 years without a compressor failure. Any thing else Alykabenzlene,POE,410A,134A,additives for power
    savings all are "gingerbread" that has been forced on our industry by politicians, Dupont, and the New World Green Religion!
    These products are untested, add thousands to maintinace costs, and breakdown often!

PROA's

Quote Originally Posted by HMV Chopper View Post
    Hey lucky131 if your still out there.I have reed alot about PROA and have seen compress shield in action with the same out come!

But historical evidence shows PROA to do more harm than good.

I have tested iceCOLD which is the non-toxic version (not PROA) with better results.

www.usrefrigerationtech.com

The problem with PROA's is not that they are effective, it is the long term damage that is done to the system when the sulfur becomes sulfuric acid or the chlorine becomes hydrochloric acid. PROA's cannot stand alone the have to be constantly modified to not damage a system. The next generation of these type additives will be synthetic and willi not change or damage a system over the long haul. Also find out if they are covered by insurance not to damage a system and what kind of warrantee do they carry for system failure due to use of product. When that is offered there will be greater interest. I have heard of only one company that is willing to do that, and they have a major top tier Insurance company backing there product to the tune of up to $4M per system, in which the product is installed and registered. Now that we can live with!!!

The problem with PROA's is not that they are effective, it is the long term damage that is done to the system when the sulfur becomes sulfuric acid or the chlorine becomes hydrochloric acid. PROA's cannot stand alone the have to be constantly modified to not damage a system. The next generation of these type additives will be synthetic and willi not change or damage a system over the long haul. Also find out if they are covered by insurance not to damage a system and what kind of warrantee do they carry for system failure due to use of product. When that is offered there will be greater interest. I have heard of only one company that is willing to do that, and they have a major top tier Insurance company backing there product to the tune of up to $4M per system, in which the product is installed and registered. Now that we can live with!!!

I used to work for a large 110 truck service company back east before moving to Cal.
    They have tested every known additive on the market. Almost all have failed. Most of them have sulpher and or chorines in them. Some are Clean.
    There is one product they settled on. It is polarized but it is not an additive. It is an intermettalic compound that is injected the same way as additives. They used MAXR100 for the last 7 years and have not had one unit fail. The biggest benefits I have seen from using the product was in refrigeration systems. We would pull and oil sample and found most units were not serviced properly.
    It is true that oil changes do help dramatically. But how many techs change the oil or even recommend it?
    We would add Maxr100 and see the difference in about two weeks. It depends on the age of the units. We have installed Maxr100 in over 700 units to date.
    I have been in Cal. for two years now and I have finally convinced my employer to add it to our service.
    A lot of you guys say if it works then the mans. would be tripping over themselves to get at it. The truth is the mans. do not want the units to last beyond warranty dates.
    It kills thier profit margins. Just like they most will not install hard starts. Why? It will lenghten the life of the compressor.
    Technology is not limited to just electronics. It is huge in chemicals. For all of you guys say that the stuff is snake oil, I challenge you to try the Maxr100. No I do not sell it if that is what you are thinking. I just know it outperforms all the others hands down.
    As I am writing this the Clark County School district is trying to come up with the funding for Maxr100 installation. They did a year long test on the stuff with some of the nations leading HVAC Engineers. Fuller instruments provided $6,000.00 worth of instrumentation documenting all of the REAL world testing. Ohio Dept. of transportation did a 18 month test of 4 units. New and old. They are now installing it.
    In conclusion, I know there are snake oil salesmen out there. But there are also some good honest companies that do provide reliable stable product. Maxr100 is one of them. It is made by transbio energy in Ohio. Look them up. I know if you see it work you would be surprised. Long term results tell all and they have been around for 11 plus years. We have used them for seven years at my last employer and 18 months here in California and never a unit failed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12