Thread: Stink bugs!

Stink bugs!

Just lost a 60hp drive bc of these damn stink bugs. Anyone have similar problems with losing expensive parts because of these freaking bugs.
    Now the question is how do I keep these things out?

Call Billy the exterminator? lol I have had several no cool calls for bugs stuck in a contactor but I have never had a unit that size go down.

The last I read on them from the head entomologist at the University of Kentucky is that there is no way to get rid of them. He stated that really all that can be done is suck them up with a vacuum cleaner. He also said what ever you do don't bust them open. Guess there pretty foul smelling. eventually they go where ever it is they go.

I think these bug's were imported to to take care of another pest, and it backfired, Like Nutria, Kudzoo, etc. Then again, I could be thinking of "love" bug's located in the south.

Yeah, its another one of the many government blunder's and don't forget about the honey bee that was going to do all these great things and they ended up being killer bees out of control. There is also a new one in the pipe line now that you mentioned kudzu. They claim they have found a "bug" that feeds off of kudzu and will eat enough of it to destroy it. I wonder what damage this bug is going to do.

It reminds me of the simpsons

The new drive was just delivered the other day and wouldnt you know it, stink bugs inside of the packaging. This time of year is a pain, it starts to get cold and they want a warm place to hide. I was told they do not offer a pesticide that can kill these things either.

Pain in the arse bugs but never had one stop a piece of equipment and one thing I have learned never vacuum them up, they get mighty pissed swirling around and next thing you know that stench is being spit out of the vacuum.