Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    We don't miss your presence
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

I get it now. I do like the hotdogs in Chicago. I just always felt like I was under water there. Way too flat for me. I like the east coast. I like the UP if I have to be in the mid-west. Good place to shoot a monster deer. Danville is my sort of place in Illinois. A Midwest corn field is deer hunter heaven.

Learning the trade and working in the field is the easy part. Learning the business side of the trade is the hardest part. Who is going to teach you that? Anyone can go out and run service calls and install equipment. But to run a business that makes a profit is a different story. Very few people can make a business work. Hence the failure rate is so high. I think the success rate for a business is 2 out of 10 business make it to 10 years.

Battle on rookies.... May we all prosper in 2013....

go to work in a supply house . crawling around on your knees in a cluttered attic or basement isn't that fun. and when the temps reach 100 it gets even harder . Just Saying
    If a Ram is a Sheep, And an Ass is a Donkey, Why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

I am 50 ....owned my own business for 12 years now..... I feel like I am 80...... it has its draw backs .......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by bacciagalupe View Post
    go to work in a supply house . crawling around on your knees in a cluttered attic or basement isn't that fun. and when the temps reach 100 it gets even harder . Just Saying
    I grew up in 100+ degree weather and learned to adapt. I ventelate confined spaces if I have to work in them. Fans and portable aircon makes all the difference in the world when you have to spend a day in a hay loft, atic, crawl-space or building with no climate control. A cast off window unit and some dryer hose can make a job soooooo much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by allenrobinson2269 View Post
    I grew up in 100+ degree weather and learned to adapt. I ventelate confined spaces if I have to work in them. Fans and portable aircon makes all the difference in the world when you have to spend a day in a hay loft, atic, crawl-space or building with no climate control. A cast off window unit and some dryer hose can make a job soooooo much easier.
    Fans+attic=severe attic cough.

Best way to deal with hot attics... is to arrange with the customer to start at 7:00 or 8:00 AM. Most will accommodate you for one day.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Yea. We did that cutting hay in Texas. I would start as soon as I could see well enought to stay out of the ditch. Flex duct makes it easier too. I love sheet metal, but it gets heavy and wresteling with it to get it fit is miserable when you are rolling in insulation. My brother has an atic that looks like a gym and they sprayed the insulation on the inside of the roof. the place stays remarkably cool, and I mean the atic not the house. Of course the house is cool too.
    In Jersey we have mostly basement installations as far as I can tell or crawlspace. I have a rough crawlspace in my house. Too high to lay on your back and reach to the top of the joist and not high enought to really sit up in so it can work you out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456