Thread: Travel Time

How do you techs get compensated for travel time. Service dept vs Install ect let if fly.

I get paid for every second that I'm in the van, plain and simple. And, if on call and away from the van, I get paid from the time the pager goes off 'till the time I walk through my front door at the end of the call. That is also what the customer is billed.

eat an hour to and from first/last job of the day
    all else payed

Time clock starts at whatever time i leave the house in the morning,Usually give 15 minutes on the way home not to bad of a deal stop at the market on the way home anyway saves you from driving your own car........

Holy cow gravy time everywhere else or what??!!!

Damn I thought it was the norm out in Socal-
    give up an hour max each begin and end of day-

I think only those poor guys in Nor Cal may have worse
    traffic- commuters are idiots up there! Average drive for me is hour (at 5am., no highway patrol) to hr. 45, maybe two ( if I leave at 7am) no accidents same destination.

eating 15 mins- hilarious

Time to first job in-town is eaten, out of town is billed. Same in the afternoon.

Thanks for your replies. We eat a half hour in the morning and a half hour at night. We get OT after 40 , not a bad deal. Most of the time we can bill for it too.

I get paid from the time I leave the house till I get back in the afternoon. Customers get billed for 1hr min. plus driving time and mileage. Each one gets billed mileage to and from the shop, no matter if I'm already within 5 miles or at the shop.
    Zach