Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok got Dectron on the case designing dehumidifacation system, I will need extra spac heating, looking at Reznor EEDU. This will be in mechanical room, will there problems with chlorine gasses within this room? should I ask builder for seperate rooms for HVAC and pool pump mechanicals?

at least bring all combustion air from outdoors.

Yea actually looking at the Modine DFS unit. Looks like what should be used.

Do these heaters have open flame heat exchangers? If so, keep in mind that chlorine gas and condensation in the presence of an open flame will form hydrochloric acid. I think that is why it was against code to install an open flame type heater in a beauty salon. Hair spray (chlorinated hydrocarbon propellent) + condensation + open flame = hydrochloric gas and/or acid.
    Flues and other tin materials would rot very fast. Stainless heat exchangers would last longer but everything else would rot.

No combustion

No combustion

my two cents, pool air should never be used in any way at all, never mix or use the combustion location with the pool air. Coils with duct work only

If the chemical feeders are in the mechanical room, and especially if liquid Sodium Hypochlorite is being used, everything in that room is going to rust like you wouldn't believe. If the chemical feeders are located elswhere, and the mechanical room is COMPLETELY isolated from the natatorium, i.e. there isn't a door that goes from the natatorium directly into the mechanical room, you should be ok. I'd make sure that the entrance to the mechanical room is located in a hallway or similar, and not in the natatorium. Even if cumbustion is not involved, your equipment will not last very long if it is exposed to the pool air.

JC

I agree and he will need stainless ducts or they will rust up, but not fall apart.

Actually, looking at fabric ducts.

HVAC/Chemicals/Rust

Hi Jon,

Here at UB we've gone to keeping all chemicals outside of the pool mech rooms to reduce damage. Chemicals live in an outdoor pit with only poly tube connections to the injection equipment. And we only put dedicated HVAC ductwork in the mech rooms. Even with all this, there are issues. Of course, this is for Olympic sized equipment.

If you want to stop by and have a look, give me a call. We can chat with the "pool guy" too.

Mark
    Mark Adams
    Clarence, NY

As long as the unit is direct vent, there will be no premature aging of the heat exchanger, as it will not create hydrochloric acid flue gases.

We have Pool Paks. We just got done replacing the return air fans. They had completely rusted through in about 6 years. We have had several problems with the dampers and actuators. The Belimo actuators were not shielded properly from the pool air. We have also had problems with the pool water flow switches failing. There was no drip loops or similar, so when this happens, the pool water follows the wire right into the control panel. This has caused excessive rust on the terminal strips, relay sockets, and failure of an ECC2 controller. Maybe these units have improved recently, but we didn't really have the best experience. If you do go with Pool Pak, be sure to got the external air cooled condenser, because the flywheel air conditioning won't be able to keep up on hot summer days.

Hopefully, but I'm not too sure since I can already see minor surface rust on the new fans after only a few months of service. One thing that they must have done when switching manufacturers though is change shaft sizes. Pool Pak told us that the fans that we ordered from them would be drop in replacements, so we ordered new aftermarket pulleys measuring off the old fans. When we got the new fans, the shaft size was different from the old, so we had to order new pulleys again (took forever).

These are the dual fan swhp-260 units; I think the compak is different. You had the same flow switch problem with a compak? What kind of price did you get for replacement switches from Pool Pak? They quoted us close to $300 each.

Confused Adjustble pully

Did you pick up adjustable pullys ? or are you just taking the same size as the old ones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast