Just put up a 1,200 sq ft workshop, 6" insulation in walls and ceiling, 18x10 insulated door, man door, and a couple of 2x3 windows. My father-in-law is giving me a 6 year gas furnace. I need to change this furnace over to propane, have no gas on my road. I'm trying to find out what parts I would need to make this change over. The only name I can find on this unit is Gama, has anyone ever heard of this brand furnace? Can't find parts for this unit anywhere on line. Also any idea what size BTU furnace I would need to heat this shop? Thanks.............

Congrats Mark on your new 1200 sqft. workshop! Wow I bet a lot of folks are jealous, that is a big shop.

GAMA is not the brand. Look inside for the model number and post it here.

How much to heat shop? You can add heat by lighting a candle. The question is how warm do you want your space to be given a certain outdoor temp? You didn't fill out your profile so we have no idea of your climate. Alaska maybe?

What you are dealing with (propane DIY install) is dangerous enough to burn your new shop down. Get a professional out there at least to do some good design work and air filtering choices. At most he can do the actual install.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

I will check for the model number and post it, hopefully this will give me the brand name.
    I live in Buffalo NY were winters can get alittle cold at times. I just want the temp to be in the 60* range while I'm in the shop working. No ductwork, just a plentium with a couple of registers off the side. I'm not that good in sizing BTU's for an area. I've worked with heating contractors years ago installing boilers/furnaces, so if all I would need to do is change the gas valve and replace orifices, that I can do.

GAMA=Gas Appliancer Manufactures Association, a trade group.
    No good deed goes unpunished.