Thread: VisionPro 8000

Hybrid View

First of all, this is a very informative sight and thanks to all who take the time to answer questions. Being a member of many other types of forums, I did alot of reading in the past few hours in the SEARCH section and I found quite a bit of info but I do have one question still.

I have a 1 stage heat pump and a regular OLD 1 stage furnace in my home. I installed, with the help of a friend, a VP TH8320. Under System Selection Type I have chosen option 12 which is 3 heat/2 cool heat pump with Aux heat. It has been working for a few weeks but I still am not sure if this was the correct option to pick.

My concern WAS that even though the temp would be way off it's programmed target, the oil furnace would never help the HP attain the target temp. Thanks to the search I now realize that it is normal so I guess I will turn the temp up a bit more at night.

So is number 12 the correct option for my type os heating/cooling system???? Thanks very much in advance.

Well, if you have a 3 heat/2 cool system, then you'll just need to tweak your setup.
    But sounds like you have a 2 heat/1 cool system installed
    which is Option #7, or you have heat pump with an electric
    aux/strip heat installed along with you OLD 1 stage furnace,
    then you'd leave it on option #12.

I have/use 2 of these, 1 in the house, other in the shop.
    In the house I have a split heat pump with electric heat and hot water coil and in the shop is a split heat pump
    with a gas furnace and a hot water coil.

It took my thermostats about a week to figure out my setup
    and start keeping the temp just where I set it.

Your's might, after running awhile, start working right,
    I know some take longer than others, you also may have
    an issue with your OLD furnace, does it have electronic
    spark/glow coil ignition? I added that to an old system and it helps when using these thermostats.

Thanks for your quick response.

Option 7 in my booklet is 2heat/1cool heat pump, the only option that had Aux heat written on it was 12. I just downloaded the PDF booklet from the Honeywell website and the book must have been updated cause on that one it shows 7 as 2heat/1cool heat pump with Aux heat.

Like you said, sounds a lot closer to my setup so that is what I just set it at. Strange though how option 260 and 270 don't appear in my setup menu even though 270 is supose to if 2H/1C HP is selected. I don't think Honeywell has the istaller options perfected on this thing. I'll see how it goes with option 7 programmed.