I have an American Standard Freedom 80 gas furnace / AC unit model # AUD080C936H3. This unit is about 9 years old and all original parts still operating. The flame sensor is getting worst for wear. I have cleaned the flame sensor a couple of times and am concerned that it will fail and need replaced in the near future. I would like to know if someone out there can tell me the part number and a phone number where I can purchase a replacement. The existing flame sensor has the following numbers on it: PSE-T12; B340888; and 9701. I have tried googling for the part but have had no matches. The existing flame sensor comes out about 1.5" from the porcelain and bends 90 degrees to go in front of the flame port.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Can't recall the new number right off hand. SENsomething. Contact a local Trane or A-S dealer and see if they will sell you one uninstalled. Otherwise, no idea.

Expect someone here to come along and post the no DIY rules, has someone checked and cleaned the furnace... etc.

Just thought I'd prepare you.

One of the better solutions other than having a tech come out and service your furnace would be call a local company and ask them to drop one off for you. Can't say for sure, but I'd bet just about any tech who's company sells american standard or trane would have a couple on thier truck.

Senior Tech Guest
    Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.