Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    sounds like another hack doing crappy work wonder what else he didn't do correctly
    it is possible that I spoke improperly on the carrier units the drier is supposed to be installed at the indoor coil is.is the drier at the indoor coil

it is possible that I spoke improperly on the carrier units the drier is supposed to be installed at the indoor coil is.is the drier at the indoor coil
    Would you put a drier there if unit was in attic?

Or will the <110 degree heat drive moisture back in system

Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post

No, no more so than 110 degrees outside near the condenser. My understanding is it takes a lot of heat, as in from a torch, for the desicant to release moisture. Sight glasses should be installed after the drier and it's silly to put one inside where you can't see it while charging. In a perfect world, if it's just a drier and no glass, you should install it inside in a conditioned space.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

why did you boot tomkat862

He told me the HVAC Talk blocked his postings...he did raise some good points

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogg View Post
    He told me the HVAC Talk blocked his postings...he did raise some good points

Because YOU were trying to use HVAC-Talk to support your lawsuit, and that is a non-no..

And now you broke a major rule by re-registering under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Because YOU were trying to use HVAC-Talk to support your lawsuit, and that is a non-no..

And now you broke a major rule by re-registering under a different name.
    What a dork.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

some people just don't get it I miss seaton

some people just don't get it I miss seaton
    We all miss seaton.....well, maybe not everyone.

unfortunetly, he has gone to that big flame-war forum in the sky....

Note: by that comment, I meant he is banned, not dead.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

if the drier was in the attic and did a compressor replacement I would replace the drier , geez how long does it take to sand the pipe cut the drier out and weld a new one in

The warmer the temperature where the drier is installed (attic), the lower its water capacity will be. It won't release moisture back into the system....it just won't have the capacity to remove as much in the warmer temperature.

Ideally the sight glass would be located near the inlet of the TEV, as this is where a full column of liquid is needed. Not practical if the sightglass is used for charging. Every now and then, marginal subcooling combined with excessive pressure drop resulting from a liquid line run into the attic of a 2 story home/building, what is seen as a clear sightglass at the unit turns into a flashing liquid supply to the TEV.

Lightbulb

once the moisture is absorbed by the molecular sieve beads it is not released , ever...

the filter should be changed and changed and changed , until the system is totally contaminate free...

In my own experience the media my need to be changed as many as 5 times (ike!) and putting a filter in without the intention of checking and replacing it once it has absorbed and effectively filtered the particles and moisture is no worse than not having one installed in the first place..
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Winn View Post
    Hello all,
    I just had a new compressor put in my five ton Carrier Infinity. Gentleman came out and fixed it fast. I was not home when he came so didn't see him work. I was sitting down to do a review and decided to go outside and look over his handy work and noticed that he didn't replace the original filter dryer on the system. Unless things have changed, my dad as an ac man and never changed a compressor or condenser unit without a new filter drier. I thought I would ask here to see "what the norm" is before calling him or placing my review.
    Thanks,

John
    hold them to their warranty and place emphasis on your concerns.
    ask for a different tech and ask to have a enforcement plan in place for coming back and replacing the filter as needed. and insist on an extended labor warranty if they try to dodge your questions.

this is a common occurrence in the ac/r industry , alot of techs know the importance of the filter driers and their correct usage but in the rush of completing the job in a timely manner it is sometimes over looked or just neglected .

call the company and ask to speak to the service manager and tell him/her your concerns.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    We all miss seaton.....well, maybe not everyone.

unfortunetly, he has gone to that big flame-war forum in the sky....

Note: by that comment, I meant he is banned, not dead.
    thanks for clearing that up .... i was thinking it through .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast