Thread: bryant vs trane

Question?
    I have a house down the shore about a block and a half from the beach. One contractor suggested the bryant CoastGuard and another suggested the Trane 2.5 ton condenser. Which one is better. I heard of Trane on TV, but never Bryant.

Trane has aluminum coils which would be better in salt water area.. Bryant is a product of Carrier BDP Corp.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

So the CoastGuard Air conditioner would probably not be a better protectant?

Nothing beats a Trane on the beach. I've tried other manufacturers with their sea coast units and it still doesn't beat Trane in salt air.

If the system is maintained properly the salt air will not have any effect on the coil's..Buy a trane and pay for the advertising. Bryant is a Cerrier Corp Clone. Built in the same factories

i thought aluminum (in contact with copper) was not good near the ocean or any area where rapid oxidation would occurr .. doesnt the weaker metal ( aluminum ) give way & fall apart first ... someone correct me if im wrong .....anyway i am not to familiar with coastal units or whatever but i have seen many tranes & goodmans stand the test of time near salty areas ..also proper maintenance will always help & there is a teflon based protectant that can be applied to coils to help it out .. why not special order a copper/copper cond. coil for what ever brand is chosen ? i seen it in commercial apps ? that b!tch would last forever

Trane hands down holds up the best oceanfront, I have seen Goodman outperform the Carrier/Bryant coastal models so I cant say they are worth the extra cost, Trane if you want the best and are willing to pay for it, otherwise go with Goodman, they are less expensive and hold up better than most other brands, thats my experience.