Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nine High-Paying Jobs You Can Get with an Associate’s Degree

http://career-advice.monster.com/sal...e/article.aspx

Interesting, we seem to be number 8 on the list.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

just cause you have a degree doesn't mean that you will have a high paying job in this field. you still have to put in the years.. but its nice to be on a list, ive been at it for 7years and im just now at the wage that is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    just cause you have a degree doesn't mean that you will have a high paying job in this field. you still have to put in the years.. but its nice to be on a list, ive been at it for 7years and im just now at the wage that is acceptable
    I agree. I have been behind to many NATE certified Techs. Book learning is fine. But common sense and experience trumps book learning every time. I have known service techs that could pass written exams. But in the field where next to use less on the other hand I have known service techs that could not read a wiring schematic that had less than a 5% call back rate, on older equipment.

well... At least were getting a little recognition....cool.

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    http://career-advice.monster.com/sal...e/article.aspx

Interesting, we seem to be number 8 on the list.
    They should have a link to all the "I just got out of school and can't find a job" threads on here.

looking back i guess its a hard field to bust into, its a crapshoot to find that first guy that will take a risk on you. i knew someone that knew someone. Im sure when things get busy again it'll pick up

Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    looking back i guess its a hard field to bust into, its a crapshoot to find that first guy that will take a risk on you. i knew someone that knew someone. Im sure when things get busy again it'll pick up
    I agree. I went to school, took 8 months of the course. I had an uncle that needed someone to do maintenance on a chain store contract he picked up. Less than a year I was doing service work. Then found out why you don't work for family. I seemed to misunderstand him to much exspecially when it came to pay.

It's not completely about the degree. You don't need a degree to be successful in this field. It's about opening doors to get that opportunity. An HVAC degree/certificate will open more doors for most to the HVAC world than would be opened if one didn't have such.

You don't need a degree to be an expert at what you do, nor to be paid very well. It is just statistics show that those with a degree typically make more than those without.

Also these classifications typically look at past graduates that are still working in their field of study and what they are making now. I even recall getting a few post cards from my past community college asking me if I was yet working in the field and if so my salary.

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    It's not completely about the degree. You don't need a degree to be successful in this field. It's about opening doors to get that opportunity. An HVAC degree/certificate will open more doors for most to the HVAC world than would be opened if one didn't have such.

You don't need a degree to be an expert at what you do, nor to be paid very well. It is just statistics show that those with a degree typically make more than those without.

Also these classifications typically look at past graduates that are still working in their field of study and what they are making now. I even recall getting a few post cards from my past community college asking me if I was yet working in the field and if so my salary.
    I forget was it Edison or Einstein that did not complete high school?

Do the administrators here watch over the spammers? I was a moderator on a tile forum and we bounced them like SuperBalls. I think the last poster is a spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork
    Do the administrators here watch over the spammers? I was a moderator on a tile forum and we bounced them like SuperBalls. I think the last poster is a spammer.
    I tend to agree with you.

FYI, if you see spam like that, you can easily report it by clicking the red triangle.

I've reported this one already, so you don't need to.

I believe so. I've seen at least a couple of times where a mod would would delete a post and include a link explaining how to apply for advertising privileges. If you want, you can draw the mods attention to a post by clicking on the "Report Post" icon, located in the upper right corner of every post. EduGirl85 is at least open and up front about it. The ones who irritate me are those who ask for opinions about something they are "thinking about using", and then become defensive and argumentative with people who give negative feedback. A quick look at their profile can give them away. Dang, jp beat me to the punch! I've gotta develop some typing skills!

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    What poster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast