Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trane 50 ton voyager

Post Likes
    Thanks will go by and check it.

Post Likes
    Hey floodedstart can I get a copy emailed. Thanks
    cerwinXXXXentek-incXXXXcom

>>>edit... please put e-mail in profile, see this link for further details.

(No e-mails in posts, due to site rules )

[Edited by Mod01 on 02-15-2006 at 08:58 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by floodedstart
    I have a service bullitin from Trane which talks about misc. problems they have with these units:

The purpose of this bulletin is to update several issues associated with the ReliaTel control modules. Unit models affected are 3 through 25 ton, TSC, THC, YSC, YHC, WSC, YCD, YCH, TCD, TCH, WCD and WCH.
    Units affected by this bulletin are serial numbers starting with 301 through 525 for 3 through 10 ton products; and serial numbers starting with 317 through 525 for 12 ½ through 25 ton products

Let me know if you want me to e-mail it to you. I was able to get new economizer modules for no charge even after these units were out of warranty.
    Please keep in mind the original post references a 50 ton voyager. The bulletin you are referencing is for 3-25 ton voyagers and precedents that are using reliatel.

Post Likes
    Ok here is what I found after it did it again, M# YCH600AELG2A2JC1A00000GHJ0000, S# C01B42258. Unit has carbon dioxide sensor in building, home made relay and wiring installed in unit at ecconomizer, co2 trips, relay closes and drive opens outside air and closes the return to the building, sensor resets dampers stay the same because the control guy never wired it to return, just drive one way, the UCP thinks the dampers are the same as when it left them so it doesn't change anything, but it still doesn't explain why dampers don't return to min set point when t-stat satisfied.

Now in cooling mode they do work after co2 trips and resets trying to maintain a 50 to 55 supply temp. He has the relay wired into the CW & CCW wires to eccono motor, but CW is the only one that gets power.

Is there a TRANE co2 sensor kit that I can get that will solve this without wiring in another relay and limit switch to stop the dampers when co2 resets to normal. Have checked the UCP and UEM boards with the Voyager Microprocessor book, nothing wrong, this unit does not have the retun air sensor or humidity sensor, does not use enthalpy to modulate dampers, wasn't ordered with them. Has CTI board for t-stat with a vision pro stat.

Post Likes
    TEMPCO, please see my profile. Send me your email address. I have some info for you. THANKS

Post Likes

Smile

TEMPCO, You have mail.

Post Likes
    Ok Trane has shut the door on anything else I can do, they want to come out for a service call, hate to see what they charge for a 200 mile round trip. I have found a Model RES-1 Universal Resistance Transducer from kele.com that I can connect to the remote minimum position pot on the UEM board. Have seen refrence of cutting a resistor on the UEM, does anybody know if the remote pot terminals on the UEM require a resistor to be cut, the remote pot termials are labeled j11 and j12. I had to contact Trane modifications since this will have to be a mod, but they don't want to offer any help just send out serviceman. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    The email didn't help?

Post Likes
    Couldn't get any help from lacross parts, looked up sensor but on the other parts couldn't get anywhere. A nice lady sent me another case # which had this other relay listed. I have been around and around being transfered to different people until it ended with service having to come out. I appreciate the email, it got me started once I got someone on the phone that was willing to help, without you I would never have gotten to this point. So thank you very much. By the way this circuit board will work without having to purchase anything else, will have to cut the WL resistor on the UEM board for the remote pot to work, as per tech support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in