Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I believe that to save on database operations, EBI will not update it's value for a point unless it has changed more than the drift deadband (called Hysteresis on some point types). This works well to filter out the noise. It does, however, make it hard (and unadvisable) to run PID loops on the data, as rate of change can sometimes be pretty sporatic. I believe honeywell hah always recommended running PID loops in controller hardware, and the server based point algorithms and point/server scripts are best suited to calculations like summing, unit conversion, etc. I, for instance, have MANY server scripts running to calculate tonnage to each of our campus buildings by reading in the flow, temp in, and temp out of the CHW and HHW. I also have some scripts that can sequentially start air handlers up with a couple second delay (to bring them on slowly after an outage, for instance). I would not try to control any PID type stuff from the server.

Mr Fuzzy,

I agree with your points on the server run PID loops, I was trying to help our friend with some explanation of the points raised.

The only server scripts I run are to exchange data between BNPS points and XL5000. And these can be troublesome sometimes, especially if they are event driven.
    Keep as much as you can in the field controllers I say.

Hopefully Blackhaze will get back with more info on how this point is getting into the EBI, I am suspecting Bacnet now. We shall see....

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    Mr Fuzzy,

I agree with your points on the server run PID loops, I was trying to help our friend with some explanation of the points raised.

The only server scripts I run are to exchange data between BNPS points and XL5000. And these can be troublesome sometimes, especially if they are event driven.
    Keep as much as you can in the field controllers I say.

Hopefully Blackhaze will get back with more info on how this point is getting into the EBI, I am suspecting Bacnet now. We shall see....

Keith
    No, I think he's bringing it in directly as MODBUS, via a lantronix network serial port. You can see in his slide show where he set up the Lantronix, and then added a MODBUS channel to quickbuilder, and pointed it at the lantronix's IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    No, I think he's bringing it in directly as MODBUS, via a lantronix network serial port. You can see in his slide show where he set up the Lantronix, and then added a MODBUS channel to quickbuilder, and pointed it at the lantronix's IP address.
    Hey Fuzzy, thanks for helping me to explain. I finding trouble putting them in words.

Hi Blackhaze/CraziFuzzy,

I want to integrate in the EBI platform R310, six (6) Power Meters 710 (PM710). there are two (2) diferents sites and two (2) diferents gateways:
    - a EGX100 of Schneider
    - a UDS2100 of Lantronix

for the lantronix, i used the configurations posted by Blackhaze, but it didn't work on my system.

Below, i attached the link with the network.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?hl=es&pli=1

Could you help me please?

Hi Jeysonn,

Did you have any luck getting your meters on your EBI. We currently have some of these power meters through a Lantronix box that are working but i am trying to get some of the Schneider Compact NSXEN modbus modules talking to our R410 EBI through an EGX300.

I can read the registers of the modbus modules using a modbus testing software fine but EBI just doesn't like it for some reason. If you got the PM710s working through the EGX100 then it should be pretty close to what we are trying to do.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12