Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DeWalt Warranty Warning

DeWalt says they have a 3 year warranty. I took my 18V cordless recipricating saw with a broken battery contact, and my 18V cordless 1/4" impact driver with sparks coming out, in for warranty, and the DeWalt factory store said niether were "manufacturers defects" and would not warranty them. Their warranty is obviously not worth anything. Buyer beware.
    They will soon forget how long it takes, but they will always remember the quality.

I should have added that the tools are only two years old.
    They will soon forget how long it takes, but they will always remember the quality.

I had an 18 volt cordless drill I left on top of an airhandler one day doing a PM, it was in a crawl space.. I looked everywhere for that darnn drill... never found it or remembered were I left it. one year later doing a Pm at that address, I found it on top of the airhandler.. battery was dead but when I changed the battery it worked like a champ!!!!!!!!
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Call the main office.
    Always here

I dropped my impact of a roof, broke right in half. They told me it wasn't a manufacturer defect, after a little discussion they replaced it with a brand new impact, just be persistant. By the way, I didn't tell them what happened, just that it broke.

The closest repair store is 2.5 hours away, and it might be 6 months before I am back in that area again. I was a big DeWalt consumer. I think they just shot themselves in the foot.

I think it is all the person who helps you... I bought a dewalt compound miter saw, and about three months after the metal plating on the base started to bubble up... I never took this saw outside either, it was in my heated workshop so moisture wasn't an issue, not that it should be anyway... but still, I took it to a factory authorized place, and was told "I dropped it" and "it was abused" give me a break, it is brand new, I do not abuse any of my tools... so I walked away, and I got even madder the more I thought about it, so I went back the next day, and the dewalt rep, the actual factory rep happened to be there... within two weeks, I had a brand new saw sent right to my house...

I too am a loyal dewalt fan, who was about to shop for other tools, but at the end of the day, I love the way dewalt tools feel and work.

The morale of the story, is to go above the store, and get answers... Good luck!

I buy Ridgid from Home Depot lifetime warranty. I had two new batteries, new chuck, motor, and on-off switch replaced no charge. They even replaced the housing because the batteries were hard to disengage. The only part that was oem was the gear assembly.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I buy Ridgid from Home Depot lifetime warranty. I had two new batteries, new chuck, motor, and on-off switch replaced no charge. They even replaced the housing because the batteries were hard to disengage. The only part that was oem was the gear assembly.
    wow, how old was the drill at this time? that seems like alot of problems from one drill.

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    wow, how old was the drill at this time? that seems like alot of problems from one drill.

Batteries were replaced two years ago. The rest was done 6 months ago. The drill was five years old and used extensively. Hammer drill and reg drill in one; came with sawsall and case with charger. $249.00

Some parts were changed by recommendation of servicer. Was worth the 5 day wait for parts.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 10-01-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added info
    Doug

Laugh if you want to, but I use RYOBI. I have had a few issues in the past. But for the price, it does not bother me as much to toss in the trash and buy another one. Usually get about four years of service out of them. I laugh when I hear how much some one pays for a battery pack for a Dewalt or makita. I usually tell them: Thats what I pay for two ION packs for my RYOBI.

Ridgid

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Ridgid must have been losing to much money on replacing parts. Our local tool repair has really cut back on Ridgid repairs. They used to fix anything now if you didn't register your tools they can't do anything under warranty. Morale or the story... take five minutes and fill out that registration card drop it in the mail. Oh and save your reciept.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger112 View Post
    Ridgid must have been losing to much money on replacing parts. Our local tool repair has really cut back on Ridgid repairs. They used to fix anything now if you didn't register your tools they can't do anything under warranty. Morale or the story... take five minutes and fill out that registration card drop it in the mail. Oh and save your reciept.
    I did have everything registered.

thanks
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast