+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil to geothermal with a hyperloop

Post Likes

Oil to geothermal with a hyperloop

Just got done with this job, it was an old oil furnace, homeowner was looking at gas furnace and AC and mentioned he was from Oaklahoma and wished he could have a ground source heat pump but it was not cost effective on his smaller lot. We showed him the Hyperloop option that Water Furnace has to offer and got a system installed.

http://youtu.be/9I3HIobRb2s

Tell me what you think
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    Looks like you guys do very nice work. One question though. Is that loop better than a standard vertical 4" loop and why?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freonjohn View Post
    Looks like you guys do very nice work. One question though. Is that loop better than a standard vertical 4" loop and why?
    No a vertical is better but not as cost effective. I know there are some parts of the country where a vertical loop can cost as little as $3,500 for a 3 ton system, in my area that same loop is over $14,000 drilled so the hyperloop is more cost effective. Performance of the hyperloop is very good, but not to what I would call great. The hyperloop does drop temperature of the ground and EWT's faster than conventional loops so it has a slightly longer recovery. During periods of extreme heat or cold the loop will not hold up as well but being in Portland OR where we reach 100 maybe 1-2 days a year and get below freezing for maybe 7 days a year it is a great solution. The hyperloop also likes a very wet soil which we have here. I don't know if I would use this in Minnesota/Canada during the winter or Florida or AZ during the summer yet.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!

Post Likes
    Looks nice. Wish we did more geo units.

Still not a fan of EAC though.

Post Likes
    Geothermal units are amazing! A company had some geothermal units at the 2012 state Skills USA competition. It wasn't counted towards your scores due to the lack of experience most trade schools had on it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Redenius View Post
    Geothermal units are amazing! A company had some geothermal units at the 2012 state Skills USA competition. It wasn't counted towards your scores due to the lack of experience most trade schools had on it.
    If you are just getting started in this industry you should look into IGSHPA training, there are a lot of companies keeping many employees busy with ground source heat pump work.

Post Likes
    Thank you will look into it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in